20 |The room.

RIANSH'S POV :

I walked my way to the stairs while watching the servants collect the rituals material and take them. Never have i thought i would go through all this situation. My plan was never to get married and if i had to, i thought to do it with a compatible person who can be presented for my public affairs. But here I am trying my best but barely winning in keeping a certain women with black long hair and bright smile away from mind.

I notice my sister come up infront of me and got ready for the questions. She stands infront of me with narrow eyes and arms crossed. My brows draws together in confusion.

"What's going on bhai?" She says in suspicious tone.

(Bro)

"What?"

"Why are you being extra nice with shivi?"

"I'm not"

"You never addressed the word 'maa' to anyone"

Yes, i never even fucking addressed that to my late-mother but i can't understand why did I felt the urge to say it to shivani's mother. I just don't get it. I've never used that word because that name is addressed to someone who loves you, supports you, grows you up, but my late mother did none. And her mother couldn't. Maybe i wanted to feel how it feels to call someone maa, and her mother was perfect for it. She never got chance to raise her but I've seen shivani, she behaves like her mother is right there with her, cheering and loving her. I selfishly wanted to feel it too. This never happened to me before but i should've realise it by now that if anything includes shivani nothing goes as planned.

I shoved the heavy tightening of my chest, calmed my nerves before catching a casual tone which showed none of the thunder booming inside me "Do you girls have to share everything?"

"Yes. Look, bhai i told you don't play with her"

(Bro)

"Don't you trust me"

"I do. But lately you've been too involved with uncle Rajiv, it scares me" she says in worry and a hint of nerves touch her eyes. She has never grew fond of uncle, neither have i. But since we have to work together I tried to put our differences aside.

"He's your uncle akshara"

"Oh really? Where was he when we were in grief? Or where was he when you were being tort-"

"Stop, Akshara." I cut her words in a sharp tone, my rage blazing out of my head now. My head spins as I try to keep my anger in control, no way she brought that fucking bullshit up "We aren't speaking about it anymore" i rub a hand on my forehead and held a sharp exhale when akshara went silent "Good night." And stalked upstairs, three strokes at a time. I need a fucking way to take my wrath out. Someone's gonna be the bait.

I walked to my door trying to calm my mess of emotions.

Cool. Cold. Calm.

I reached the door of my room only to find it wide open. I go and stand infront of it but stop my track when I feel something under my feet. I remove my feet and bend down to see what it is.

A jhumka.

My nerves immediately calms down and a chuckle raises my throat. This women. Behaves she's the strong bossy type but can never handle her jhumka well. I remember her previous jhumka being in my drawer. I never found the chance to return it, if she keeps dropping them i am soon gonna have a collection of jhumka instead of watches. Another chuckle raises my throat but gets cut when i hear someone dashing towards me. I put the jhumka inside my pocket and raise my head to find shivani rushing towards me holding her saree.