4 |The unexpected.

SHIVANI'S POV:

The evening was beautiful and cool, a perfect climate for a proposal and a perfect climate for a business deal according to my father.

I had planned on meeting with my friends but have to go for dinner with the Raichands. We were half way reaching their mansion.

My parent's car before mine and my brother's car behind mine, the guards surrounding us.

I wore a white lehenga with V- line neck as per the dress code. Matching them with nude lipstick and white heels. My dupatta lay on my left shoulder and my hair half in bun. The bangles hung loose on my wrist and the golden colour of my jhumka reflecting the lights.

My mom wore a pink saree and dad red kurta except my brother who won't wear anything rather then suits to go outside. I didn't try to convince him as this marriage didn't mean anything to me rather then a business deal.

After some minutes we reached the Riachand's mansion, the place was packed with gurads all over, cctvs, cars and for a moment i felt in peace that he declined the throne because i don't like being caged or to stay much in crowd.

Our car parked simultaneously, the guards came rushing to open our car doors and my parents got down followed by me and my brother. The went in as i followed with my brother.

The entrance was in beautiful white and pink. The candles outside were the best choice for the calm evening. I entered the room and was meet with a huge crowd. The background was soothing tho.

Mr. and Mrs. Raichand were standing a few centimetres beside the entrance to greet us. Indians be like : a year ago they were ready to chop off eachother's heads and now they are hugging eachother. Funny.

I went after they finished their lovey dovey mask and bowed to touch their feets.

"Sada khush raho" said mrs. Raichand while mr. Raichand just pated my head. I lifted myself and gave them a smile. Our fathers went forward.

"Ayye" said mrs. Raichand.

(Come)

We went further in and i spotted a certain beauty seated among the crowd. I gave a small wave to my friend akshara who was looking gorgeous in white and golden sarara. She waved back and gave me a smile.

I checked on the crowd to search for the main course but he wasn't there anywhere. I didn't knew how he looked the photo i saw of him was him 3 years ago as he wasn't in town.

As soon as i was visible the crowd surrounded me.

Everyone asking different questions and checking me out while i stood there behaving shy, i was bored to death, and was waiting for an opportunity to reach beside akshara.

After 20 minutes which felt like 20 hours i finally slipped through the crowd and went beside her. She stood up and we went to a corner.

"Bored?"

"As hell!!"

She giggled knowing well she was bored as hell too"I didn't believed when you said you aggreed"

"I had to...." i said lowering my voice "for my parents"

"It's sad you do so much for them but they never understand" she gave me a concern look "but don't worry, they'll one day understand your worth and love" she said trying to cheer me up.

"Thank you" i smiled. She has always been supportive the most among us friends.

"Welcome......" she gave me a mischievous smile "bhabhi"