Chapter 32

Dex sighed out as he entered the apartment and shut the door behind him.
"I'm home!" Dex called out as he slung his bag from his shoulder and set it down onto the ground.
Dex unclasped his cape and he hung it up once he took it off of his shoulders.
As he hung his cape up, he heard footsteps getting closer.

"God, Mid-terms is going to be so busy and stressful, I am not looking forward to-" Dex began.
Dex then looked to Fitz who held a bouquet of flowers towards him. Dex blinked at the flowers and he looked at Fitz, a smile growing on his face.
"... What is this? "Dex questioned, reluctantly and delicately taking the bouquet from Fitz.
Fitz smiled at Dex.

"Well, we have a wonderful vase that could use some flowers, and my lovely boyfriend deserves to have something beautiful like these flowers being gifted to him." Fitz said.
"Especially since we've both been so stressed."
Dex went up to Fitz and he smiled as he gently pecked Fitz's cheek.
"You're so sweet." Dex said softly.
"Thank you, Fitz. I love them."
Fitz leaned in and kissed Dex's cheek.
"Of course. Anything for you, dear."

"Okay, I will put these in the vase, and then I need to get changed. We going to cook together?" Dex asked.
"Yeah, I think it'll be fun if we cook together." Fitz smiled.
"Plus I'm not exactly sure what I should make, so we can decide on something together."
"Mmh, okay, you get set up in the kitchen then. We can made some sort of pasta dish, if that sounds fine by you?" Dex said as he walked past Fitz.
Fitz followed behind Dex.
"Yeah, you want me to just start boiling the pasta then?" Fitz asked.
"Please, I'll be in kitchen within at least 10 minutes." Dex said.

Dex made his way to the coffee table in the living room and placed the bouquet of flowers into the vase.
Fitz walked past Dex, making his way into the kitchen to start preparing dinner.

*****

"So how was work today?" Fitz asked as he dug into the meal he and Dex had prepared.
"That Level One prodigy only set their cape on fire once today, I call that an achievement. All my other prodigies did fine, and then just talking about Mid-terms with Wyatt was just... ugh. There's so much to prepare." Dex sighed.
"Oh, and on Thursday I am in charge of the flavour of the DNA strip for the prodigies lockers and I'm trying to decide whether I want to be kind or cruel to them..."

Fitz smiled as he looked at Dex who seemed to be in deep thought about what to make the flavour of the DNA strip.

"How was that paperwork?" Dex asked, stabbing at his own meal now.
"Managed to finish it within an hour or so after I had breakfast, so... it seemed like I just needed a night's rest." Fitz sighed out softly.
"Mmh. Do you have any more paperwork or tasks to complete any time soon?" Dex tilted his head at Fitz.
"I think Keefe and I are going to be assigned to something soon." Fitz sighed.
"... Together?" Dex raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, hopefully it'll be fun." Fitz said.
"Have you been on assignments together before?" Dex questioned.
"A couple of times. We either do a great job, or we mess about too much and barely get much done." Fitz shrugged.

"Mmh..."
"So you're going to be busy with planning Mid-terms soon with Wyatt then?"
"... And with other Mentors yes, but Wyatt and I will probably stick together more since the other Mentors just suck."
"Why do these other Mentors suck?"
"Well, I am a Dizznee, Wyatt also doesn't have the best reputation, soo...the Mentors our age really don't like us. "

Fitz and Dex's relationship was going smoothly. They were there for each other, they could talk to the other about anything they wanted to talk about, they could work peacefully in each other's company, and they loved each other dearly.

Nothing would stand in the way of their relationship this time.
This time they were going to last.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 706