Chapter 27

"And... open your eyes!"

Fitz's eyes fluttered open and he looked around. Dex had brought him to the top of a hill, somewhere in the Lost Cities.
"... So, uhm... what are we going to do?" Fitz asked, looking at Dex who let go of his hand.
"Stargazing." Dex said, instantly sitting down onto the grass.
"And playing 20 questions."
Fitz raised his eyebrows as he sat down next to Dex.
"20 questions? That game is like usually for people who don't know each other very well, isn't it?" Fitz questioned, watching as Dex leaned back and laid down on the grass.

Dex looked up into the dark night sky with very few stars that sparkled brightly.
" It has been nearly a decade since we spoken last. Maybe things have changed. "Dex said, glancing at Fitz as Fitz laid down beside him.
"Mmh, good point." Fitz sighed, clasping his hands together and holding his clasped hands over his stomach.

"Who's going to go first?" Fitz asked.
"You just went, so now you have 19 more questions left." Dex grinned at Fitz.
"That is unfair-" Fitz began, looking at Dex.
"Ah-ah! Too late. You got 19 questions left. Now... time for my first question!" Dex smiled.
Fitz scoffed and he smiled at Dex.
"Go on." Fitz said, shrugging.

"Okay, well I'm quite curious about this. How did you and Keefe become friends?" Dex asked, looking at Fitz.
Fitz sighed out softly as he looked up into the sky again.
"His dad and my dad knew each other, I think Keefe's mother managed to convince Cassius to ask for a play date for me and Keefe. I was not excited to meet Keefe, but... I remember that he was equally as excited as I was. So he ran from his parents, hid in my garden and I found him." Fitz said.
"We actually quickly got along, and ever since then, we actually became inseparable."
Dex smiled. "Awh, cute."

"My turn." Fitz said.
"What was the best gadget you have ever made?"
Dex furrowed his eyebrows and sighed out, staring up at the sky.
"Mmh, that gadget I made for Sophie before which made her punches stronger so she could defend herself. I mean, I'm sure I could definitely do a better job with it now." Dex said.
"... I feel like you definitely made something better than that-" Fitz began.
"Shut up, that's all I can really remember right now." Dex smiled, glancing at Fitz.

"Uhm... okay. If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self some advice, what would you tell yourself?"  Dex asked.
"Listen to Keefe and Dex. They know best." Fitz said, answering the question instantly.
"And your teenager self would think you were insane." Dex stated.
"Especially if it's before you and I even began to get along."
Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Okay, if you could go back in time and tell your teenage self something, what would it be?" Fitz asked.
"Even though Fitz is an idiot, have faith. Things will get better." Dex said.
"... I'm not going to comment on that." Fitz sighed out.
"Good." Dex smiled.

"Uhm..." Dex sighed out, staring at the stars.
Dex caught a glimpse of the moon, and he stared at it now, seeing how brightly it shined.
"... What was your worst date that you've been on, like ever?"Dex asked.
"My first date with Elowyn sucked." Fitz answered.

"My father was so happy about it, he decided to treat us, told me to take her to this super fancy restaurant, and he made sure I wore nice clothing. I was forced to make small talk, to flirt with her, and it was the worst date ever because... because it didn't feel like Elowyn could be a person I could rely on to talk to when I didn't feel like being perfect. "
Fitz scratched his hands.
"She made me feel suffocated. And I pushed myself to 'enjoy' the date for my father."

"What about you? I'm curious to know what your worst date was."
"Our first ever date." Dex stated.
"Because Lord Vincent was an asshole and you were sort of an asshole."
Dex looked at Fitz.
"... Sorry." Fitz frowned.
"Eh, thankfully you don't seem so ashamed to be seen with me in public anymore, so... I'm over it." Dex smiled.