Chapter 8

Fitz sighed as he made his way to the living room of his home, running his fingers through his hair.

"Elowyn, did you borrow my money again-" Fitz began to scowl.
Fitz stopped himself as he looked ahead and seen Elowyn sat in the living room with a group of her friends, having tea. They all stopped their conversation and looked at Fitz.
"...Good afternoon, ladies." Fitz smiled politely.
Elowyn cleared her throat as she got up from her seat.
"I thought you were coming home later?" Elowyn questioned.
"I got off early." Fitz said, looking at his wife.
"And...I thought we could head over to Keefe's place and have dinner with him and his-"
Fitz glanced at his wife's friends and he looked back at Elowyn who gave him a look which meant 'don't mention Keefe's dating a guy'.
"-his fiancé." 

Elowyn smiled softly.
"I have guests right now." Elowyn said, pointing to her friends.
"And you're already dressed up." Fitz smiled at her.
"Which, you look very stunning right now, dear. But I was thinking, we'd go in three hours. I don't think tea lasts that long. And I already hailed Keefe to ask if we could go over."
Fitz felt a sudden drop in the temperature and he stared at Elowyn.
"You're seriously not getting upset over this, are you?" Fitz frowned.
"Keefe is a dear friend. And so is his fiancé. They're getting married in about a year, and I thought it'd be nice to congratulate them officially. From both of us." 
Elowyn sighed as she shrugged.
"Fine, we'll go in three hours." Elowyn said, averting her gaze from Fitz.

Fitz looked at Elowyn's friends who all seemed a little uncomfortable with the atmosphere.
"...I'm sorry about that ladies, enjoy the rest of your lunch." Fitz said.
Fitz looked at his wife again.
"I am going to take a shower and get ready, I hope you'll be done with your tea party in about an hour or so."
Fitz then turned around and left the room.

Elowyn sat back down and sighed.
"I thought you said your marriage was going well." One of Elowyn's friends snickered.
Elowyn scowled and the temperature in the room dropped even more.
"It is going well, thank you very much." Elowyn snapped.
"Fitz has just been...his mind is preoccupied, probably some work thing."

"...Mmh, yeah, sounds like the dream."
"I- and where's your husband?!"

*****

"I don't like his wife." Tam scowled as Keefe finished setting up the table.
"Tam, sweetheart-" Keefe sighed.
"No! I'm not playing nice if she doesn't play nice!" Tam exclaimed, shrugging.

Keefe took a deep breath and he turned around to face Tam.
"My love." Keefe smiled, going over and resting his hands onto Tam's waist.
"It's rude not to invite Fitz's wife over as well, plus it's only for an hour or so."
Tam made a face at Keefe and he sighed.
"She doesn't like us-" Tam began.
"And we don't like her." Keefe said.
"BUT Fitz is my bestest friend, and you, my future husband, are also a good friend of his. We have to play nice. I'll be right by your side, holding your hand."

Tam stared at Keefe and he gently cupped his face.
"Mmh, okay." Tam sighed out softly, bringing Keefe's face down.
"I love you."
Keefe smiled as he held Tam closer.
"I love you too." Keefe said softly, leaning in.
They were about to kiss before there was a knock on the front door.
Tam scowled and Keefe laughed.

"Okay, you'll get the wine out?" Keefe questioned, tilting his head at Tam.
"Yeah, yeah. Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes, so we just need to strike up conversation and get drunk before dinner even starts." Tam said, uncupping Keefe's face.
"Oh, quick, before I forget." Keefe said, taking his hands away from Tam's waist.
"Mmh?" Tam tilted his head.
Keefe quickly placed a peck on Tam's lips, a grin on his face as he pulled away.
"I needed to kiss you!" Keefe exclaimed, walking off to get to the front door and greet their guests.
Tam couldn't help but smile and he rolled his eyes as he made his way towards the kitchen. 
His fiancé was an idiot, but god, he loved that idiot.