Chapter 23

Wyatt raised his eyebrows as he took a seat across from Dex in the mentors lounge.
"Where did you get that ring?" Wyatt asked, setting down a cup of coffee onto the table.
Dex looked at Wyatt as he set down a muffin he was just eating.
"Hmm?" Dex hummed.
Dex looked at his right hand and he felt his cheeks heat up.

"Oh, uh yesterday Fitz gave me this ring." Dex said, a little awkwardly.
"Uhm... we talked."
Wyatt smiled.
"So, what's happening between you two then?" Wyatt asked, tilting his head.
Dex shrugged.
"Fitz wants to prove himself. Wants to show me that he's worth my love. It was sort of dorky, but it was sweet." Dex smiled to himself.
"So, we're just going to go on a few dates and then... if things go well, then we'll get together again."

Dex looked at Wyatt and Wyatt was smiling at him, but Dex seen a hint of sadness behind Wyatt's smile.
"Do you want me to not talk about this whole thing with Fitz to you?" Dex asked.
"Cause, I don't want you to be heartbroken-"
"Dex. It's okay." Wyatt said, shaking his head.

"You know what you could do for me? Try and find me someone to set me up with."
"I don't know many people... but I can check with Biana!"
"Hah, okay. Sounds good."

~~~~~

"Oh thank god you didn't mess up." Biana sighed out.
Fitz looked at Biana who was pacing back and forth in the living room.
"... Shouldn't you be at work?" Fitz asked.
"I took a personal day." Biana smiled at Fitz.

"Anyway, you gave Dex the ring, he loves it, and you're going on a date later this week?"
Fitz nodded.
"Yeah. I still need to prove myself to him, so... I'm going to make sure I don't ruin anything." Fitz smiled at Biana.

Biana faced Fitz.
"Ugh, you've changed." Biana smiled, looking proud of her brother.
"Have I?" Fitz squinted his eyes.
"Kind of." Biana shrugged.
"I'm... I'm happy you're giving this your all for a second chance with Dex. I really want him as my brother-in-law."
"Woah, too early to be thinking of marriage." Fitz stated, raising his hands in the air.
"I'm just saying!" Biana exclaimed, smiling at Fitz.

"So, what do you have planned for this date~?"
"Uhm... do you mind if I kick you out for one evening so Dex can come over...?"
"You're not kicking me out of my own home, Fitzroy."
"... Damnit."

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 422