Chapter 4

"You teach Elvin History?" Dex questioned as he and Wyatt walked alongside each other in the streets of Atlantis.
"Yep!" Wyatt smiled.
"I'm a huge history nerd, so I decided to become a Mentor. I'm also very into geology, but they don't teach that at Foxfire, so that's my secret pleasure!"
Dex smiled.
"That's such a stupid thing to say." Dex said, shaking his head.
"What? That I'm into geology?" Wyatt questioned, a grin on his face.
"No that it's your 'secret pleasure', you dork." Dex grinned back at Wyatt.

Wyatt asked Dex if he'd like to spend some time together after work, and Dex decided to agree. So, right now they were just getting to know each other a bit better.

"Haha, well what's your talent?" Wyatt asked, tilting his head.
"I'm a Technopath." Dex said.
"I've offered to teach any other prodigies if they are also a Technopath as well as teaching Alchemy."
"Why do you teach Alchemy?" Wyatt questioned.
"It was something my dad taught me when I was young, and we spent a lot of time together doing alchemy." Dex stated.
"So I grew a knack for it."
Wyatt hummed, nodding.

Dex elbowed Wyatt in his arm.
"What's your talent?" Dex asked.
Wyatt made a face at Dex, rubbing his arm.
"Why must you abuse me to ask that question?" Wyatt frowned.
Dex really couldn't stop himself from smiling.
"Haha! Shut up, what's your talent?" Dex repeated his question.
Wyatt hummed.
"I am an Empath and a Guster." Wyatt said.
Dex hummed.

"Mmh...two talents, what fun." Dex said.
"What, you don't believe me?" Wyatt questioned, raising an eyebrow.
Dex shrugged and Wyatt scoffed.
"Woww! I see how it is!" Wyatt exclaimed.
"Alright, give me your hand, let's see if I know how you're feeling!"
Dex felt his cheeks heat up.
"What? No!" Dex exclaimed.
"Oh come on, you don't believe me!" Wyatt exclaimed, holding his hand out.
Dex hesitated and he glanced at Wyatt, seeing how he smiled so innocently at him.
Dex sighed and he gave in, taking Wyatt's hand and holding it.

Wyatt hummed and he interlocked their fingers.
"Well- hey, you don't have to interlock our fingers-!" Dex exclaimed.
"You are feeling nervous...uhm...some sort of romantic attraction~" Wyatt grinned at Dex.
Dex couldn't hold back his smile as he attempted to pout at Wyatt.
"You're flirting with me." Dex said.
"Am I that obvious?" Wyatt questioned in a sarcastic tone.
Wyatt seen the way Dex rolled his eyes and he laughed.

"Well, I'm glad to know you seem to feel some sort of attraction towards me too."  Wyatt said.
"It's so unfair that you're an Empath. Now we both know that we're attracted to one another!" Dex exclaimed, looking at Wyatt.
"I would've enjoyed seeing you flirt with me more to make me fall for you if you were unsure."
Wyatt grinned.
"Haha, but this way I know I'm not wasting my time." Wyatt winked at Dex.
Dex bit his inner cheek, his smile not fading for one second.
"God, you're smooth." Dex said,  looking at Wyatt.
Wyatt smiled.

"There's this café nearby, what do you say to having coffee with me?" Wyatt asked.
"Ooh, our first date having coffee?" Dex raised his eyebrows.
"Who said anything about this being a date?" Wyatt questioned, tilting his head.
Dex rolled his eyes as he squeezed Wyatt's hand.
"I did. Now c'mon, let's see what other romantic tricks you got up your sleeves, Sir Wyatt~"
"Oh, gladly, Sir Dex."

Biana blinked as she looked up ahead and saw a familiar strawberry blonde, smiling and laughing with a man she's never seen before.
"Hey, what're you looking at?" Linh asked, snapping Biana out of her thoughts.
"Huh? Oh! Nothing, sorry..." Biana smiled.
"Uh, so what were you saying?"
"You seriously didn't hear me? Keefe proposed to Tam last night and now they're engaged!" Linh exclaimed.
Biana felt a huge smile grow on her face.
"Seriously? Oh my god!" Biana exclaimed.

"Well, have they talked about things yet?"
"Well, they're thinking they'll have the wedding in a year, so it's around spring time but I do know that I will be Tam's- uhm... Maid of Honour? The Groom's Best...Woman?"
"It's one of those things! But that's great! Ugh, I need to congratulate them!"
"Oh! Don't tell Tam I told you!"
"...Sure." 

Biana couldn't have seen Dex with a guy. I mean...when would he have had time to meet someone new? Especially since he started working as a Mentor just a few days ago.
Oh well, she'd have to hail him and ask about it later!

*****

"... You're seeing how things are going to go with a guy who you work with?" Biana questioned, looking at the image of Dex on her imparter.
"I am, yes." Dex smiled.
"Wyatt is really sweet, he was the first person to approach me and... well, he's really cute too..."
Biana watched as Dex's cheeks turned red and how his eyes had literal hearts in them.

"You've moved on!" Biana exclaimed.
"Oh! That's great! I'm happy to hear that!"
Dex smiled at Biana. "Yeah, well... we'll see how things go. We're going on a proper date next week, apparently Wyatt has a lot of homework to mark, so he can't get 'distracted'."
Biana sighed softly.
"Awh, you better introduce him to me when you're properly dating! I'm like, your bestest friend and I want to see if he's as good as you say he is!" Biana smiled.
"Haha, don't worry. I will." Dex grinned.

"What are you even up to nowadays yourself?" Dex asked, tilting his head at Biana.
Biana sighed.
"Uh, remember how I told you Fitz got married like a year ago?" Biana questioned.
Dex felt strange when Biana brought up her brother but he ignored it.
"Yeah...?" Dex questioned.
"It's a family dinner tonight, so...that means me, my mother, my father and Lord Vincent will be going over to Fitz and Elowyn's place to have a 'proper' meal and my father will probably bug me about finding a guy to date and marry." Biana said.
"I'm trying to avoid it, and maybe show up late. Just to piss of my dad and to make Fitz all the happier to see me."
"Pfft, you're a menace, Biana." Dex smiled.

"Uh...let me know how things go afterwards. I'm curious to know if you'll start chucking food at anyone."
"Oh don't give me ideas!"
"Biana, I have a lot of ideas for how you could ruin a 'fancy' dinner."
"I need to hear them now!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1102