Chapter 1

Dex leaned against the lockers as he watched Biana fix her make-up in the mirror in her locker.
"Things have been so chaotic at Everglen." Biana said, sighing as she opened up her lip-gloss.
"Really?" Dex smiled, tilting his head.
"How so?"
Biana scoffed and rolled her eyes as she smeared the lip-gloss on her bottom lip.
"We're holding a Winnowing Gala for Fitz because our dad says he needs to find himself a suitable-" Biana began.
Biana stopped herself and she made a face, mentally scolding herself.
"Ah, sorry...uhm..." Biana looked at Dex.
Dex gulped and he weakly smiled at Biana.

"He got his list then?" Dex asked.
Biana bit her lower lip and sighed.
"Our dad told him it was time for him to find his perfect match." Biana mumbled.
"He got the list and isn't sure who he wants to pick, so my mother decided to hold the stupid Gala."
Dex hummed and nodded, averting his gaze.
"Good for Fitz." Dex said.
"Dex, I'm sorry if it's hard to hear-" Biana began.
"What? Oh come on Biana. It's been like a year." Dex smiled.
"I knew he'd be finding himself a girlfriend sooner or later."

Biana stared at Dex and noticed the look in his eye.
"You don't have to pretend, Dex..." Biana said softly.
"I know it's difficult to hear about it and I'm sorry that I-"
Dex shook his hands at Biana, smiling.
"Seriously! I'm okay!" Dex exclaimed.
"I'd rather not talk about Fitz any longer and I did tell my Mentor I'd go to my lesson a little early so I could talk to them about something. Soo...I'm gonna head off."
Dex stood up properly and began to walk backwards.
"If you need a break from the chaos at Everglen, come to Rimeshire for a different kind of chaos!"
Dex grinned at Biana, playfully winking at her. Biana smiled and laughed.
"Haha, I'll see you later Dex." Biana said, waving at him.

Dex turned around and began to walk towards where his lesson would be held. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
Fitz was moving on. He was getting what he always imagined he would have. A girlfriend from a prestigious family. 
And Dex...he was still heartbroken over how they had ended things and still could not move on  from Fitz, even after not being in contact with him for over a year.

What a joke.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 414