"When is the your meeting with the Chief?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." She said and I nodded.
She wasn't showing anything yet so she has pushed up talking to her chief about it, but it was time now. She needed to rip off the bandaid. For the baby's sake.

"Well, we should get going with the decorations." She said and I nodded. We decided to do a pregnancy reveal and a gender reveal at the same time now when all of our friends and family were able to get together, that did not happen often. So we would gather everyone in the lounge and we had prepared everyone an individual gift with an ultrasound picture and a t shirt saying for example "Grandpa Cruise" or "Uncle Glen". And after that, after hugs and shocked faces and everything we will move out to our patio lounge area where we will do a gender reveal in a way I've been thinking about for years. I'm a baseballer, alright. I love baseball. And I wanted to specially make a baseball that would explode whenever you hit it and it would turn into a mist, blue or pink. And then I got the idea from another baseballer who did a similar thing but he added like canons who shot out mist as well, at the same time as the ball exploded. So, we sent the letter to a company and I picked up the package this morning.

As Lina was wrapping the gifts, I was in charge of the gender reveal decoration since it was my idea and I wanted to surprise my girl. So I had ordered this big sign saying "BOY OR GIRL" but custom made because it had both baseballs, acting objects like a camera and all, and it had both F-18 jets and fifth generation fighters around the text. So it was a little bit of me and a little bit of her on it. The balloons were obviously shaped in either pink or blue jets or pink or blue baseballs. I had to sneak around a little so she wouldn't notice. Thank god for those big ass curtains that covered our big ass open windows to the backyard. I bought a lot of bouquets of her favourite flowers as well as cupcakes in shape of a little feet, macarons, I bought a truckload of her favourite chicken sriracha sandwiches for everyone, and then some other buffet items. It was perfect. And I honestly felt so proud of myself for making my vision come true. But she was not going to get to see it before everyone else. There was no way. So I sneaked back in when it five minutes left until our friends and family arrived. Lina had placed the gifts on the coffee table.

"Wow, they look amazing, honey." I said and kissed her cheek and put my hands around her waist.

"Thank you." She said.

"You all set outside?" She asked and I nodded.

"Can't I get to see it?" She asked excitedly.

"Nope." I said and let out a chuckle.

"You'll see it later." I said and kissed her softly and the doorbell rang and we pulled away from the kiss and I smiled widely at her. I intertwined our fingers and we walked to the door. I looked down at her and smiled again before we opened the door and revealed our family and friends. They had no idea what was bout to be revealed. We let them all in and they all sat down in the lounge by their respective gifts.

"Welcome everyone, thank you all for making it out here." I said and they looked a little confused why there were gifts in front of them. Everyone except for Monica and Lewis.

"In front of you, you have custom made gift. We want you to open it on three, okay?" Lina said and they nodded hesitantly, she looked over at me and I smiled nervously.

"Let's just rip the bandaid off." She said.

"One.....two..... three, open!" She said and they lifted off the lid on the box and as soon as they saw
what was inside they all looked over at us with their jaws dropped to the floor.

"You're pregnant!" Erin exclaimed and Lina smiled widely and nodded.

"Omg!" She said loudly and they all rushed up to us  to hug us making us chuckle. After my family and our friends had hugged us and sat back down on the couch, Tom walked up to us with the widest smile.

"You're pregnant?" He asked and she nodded.

"Congratulations, both of you." He said and then brought his daughter into a warm and loving hug.

"Grandpa Cruise, not too shabby." He mumbled and we chuckled. After the shock of this news it was time for the gender reveal, my hands were shaking. I really wanted Lina to love the decorations.

"For how long have you kept this a secret? A gender reveal already?" Glen asked and we chuckled.

"We've known for a few weeks." Lina said.

"So have I." Monica said, teasing him.

"What? You told her but not me!?" He exclaimed and we chuckled.

"Call it woman intuition." Monica said and gave a wink.

"I need to become a woman." He mumbled.

"We heard that." Lina said with a chuckle.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" I asked and they nodded. I opened the patio door and everyone walked out except for Lina, as I saw they were about to say something I hushed them. They could not reveal this for Lina.

"Omg." Monica mumbled.

"This is amazing." She mumbled and I smiled softly. I walked back in to Lina and put my hand over her eyes and we slowly walked out. I saw Monica already filming it, we both knew Lina would want this on camera.

"You ready?" I whispered and she nodded and I took away my hand and I looked over her shoulder at her face and her jaw dropped to the floor as she saw the sign with the custom made decorations and the balloons and everything, making everyone chuckle.

"You did all this?" She asked and I nodded with a small smile.

"Omg, Miles." She said and looked up at me and kissed me softly before walking up to the sign.

"Holy shit." She mumbled.

"You like it?" I asked and she turned her head to me.

"I love it." She said with a wide smile.

"Okay, so before we do this whole thing, who here thinks it's gonna be a girl?" I asked and put my arms around Lina's waist. Mom, Erin, Dana, Glen, Danny and Zac raised their hands.

"And who thinks it's gonna be a boy?" I asked and dad, Tom, Monica, Jay, Greg, Chase and Lewis raised their hands.

"Ooo, it's a tie." I said and everyone chuckled.

"Alright, so Lina, you are gonna throw this ball." I said and handed her the baseball and I grabbed the bat.

"When I hit the ball it will explode and turn into a mist, revealing the gender." I said and everyone nodded.

"You ready?" I asked her and she nodded. I felt my heart beat so fast, please let me hit this ball perfectly. It would be so bad otherwise. My palms were sweating as I got into the right position. I looked at Lina and nodded.

"Three!" Everyone shouted and I smiled.

"Two!" They shouted.

"One!" They shouted and Lina pitched the ball and thank you god, I hit it perfectly, it exploded a millisecond later into a blue mist. Blue. It was blue. A boy. It was a boy! Everyone cheered and I looked at Lina, both equally shocked and I rushed over to her and picked her up in a hug and spun her around.

"It's a boy!" I shouted happily and everyone laughed. It was a boy. A little guy. A boy.

"It's a boy." I said as I placed my hands on Lina's jaw and smiled widely.

"It's a boy." She said happily and we both chuckled.

A boy. We were having a boy. Jesus Christ. My gut feeling said it was a girl. Honestly. I was so sure about it. But it didn't matter. I didn't care. We were having a boy.

Our boy.