8

monicabarbaro: getting our wings tagged: glenpowell, milesteller

tagged: glenpowell, milesteller

5.8K likes

user1: they are actually flying these damn things!?

user2: omg miles looks soooooi hot 🥵
|
user3: he looks like a pilot 🥰🥵🥰
|
user4: it's called aviators
|
user5: go fuck yourself you politically correct nun

glenpowell: yeah boi 🤙🏼

user6: holy shit

milesteller: gonna soar like a eagle 🦅
|
monicabarbaro: or crash and burn

user7: hahaha

user8: that is actually really impressive

__________________________

MILES'S POV

I looked at my personalised helmet, Rooster, and I smiled proudly. I did it. I looked around at my colleagues and they all had the same facial expression as I did. I looked over at Maverick, she still looked numb, I knew she had seen things that no one in here could ever comprehend but I don't even think she knew she had PTSD from it. We haven't spoken about that hour in the conference room. We have barely spoken at all. No one has spoken to her unless it was work related. And I don't get why we care so much but we do. We are all worried about her and I'm actually getting a little pissed that Tom isn't doing anything to help her even though he sees, just as much as everyone else, that she is suffering.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" I asked and everyone went silent.

"Well, I just wanted to say that I'm so incredibly proud of everyone." I said.

"It's been a tough two months but we got through it. Even though every single one of us thought we would drown in that tank." I said and everyone chuckled as I referred to one of the scariest parts of the water survival training. We got strapped into a tank that lowered into a pool, flipped around and we had to get out. That shit was really scary.

"But I wanna say an extra thank you to our instructor, Captain Lina Cruise." I said and she looked up at me with a surprised look and everyone applauded.

"Without her, none of this would be possible." I said.

"She has given us hell, but she also made sure that we got through it. She made sure to get us here." I said and she smiled softly.

"You are the reason this movie can be made this way. None of this would be happening without you, so thank you." I said. I walked over and put my arm around her shoulder.