17

MILES'S POV

We walked into the lecture hall for today's briefing. This weekend was insane. We got to rehearse today's flight scene with the IMAX cameras in the jet and it was wild. It was so much harder to control the jet when your vision was slightly blocked. We had to learn cinematography because we are actually the ones who are going to make sure the angles are okay and the lighting are good. It was so much harder than I thought it would be. But we managed to rehearse it, everyone expect for Monica carried a bag of their own puke out of the jets, as usual.

I sat down next to Glen as the director and Lina walked up to the front. She looked so goddamn sexy in her flight suit. Her aviators were down, she had her helmet under her arm, flight gear on and her hair was in a perfectly neat low bun. Damn, she looked good.

"Good morning everyone." The director said.

"I'm gonna cut to the chase as we have a long day ahead of us." He said.

"Captain." He said and Lina took a step forward.

"Good morning, today is the day. You are shooting your first flight scene. We have rehearsed this, this weekend. You are all very well prepared for this. I'm going to be up in the air with you, far enough so I won't be in the shot but close enough to swoop in if anything happens. I myself have some preparations to do so keep out of trouble." She said and we all chuckled.

"For you who hasn't been informed about this, but Captain Cruise here is going to fly one of the fifth generation fighters in the movie. So, she will fly one of those today to prepare." The director said and our eyes widened. Why hasn't she said anything about this? It was a huge thing. She was going to fly one of the most advanced jets in the world, in this movie, with us. She was going to chase me with one of these insane jets! And she didn't tell me.

Suddenly we all heard her radio crackle. She turned to the side so we wouldn't hear. I looked over Glen who was furrowing his brows, her radio has never made a sound before. She looked up quickly and then glanced over at us and looked back to the side. Her aviators were down so I couldn't see her eyes but the rest of her face said enough, something was up. And then she just started sprinting out of the lecture hall. We all looked at each other with shocked faces.

"What the hell just happened?" Glen asked. I looked at him and a split second later we both sprinted after her with the rest of the cast close behind us. We got out of the lecture hall and heard a lot of commotion from the runway and we quickly made our way out there. I saw Lina sprint to one of the fifth gen fighters and a lot of the runway crew were working on getting the plane ready to fly.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked. Suddenly another aviator pushed us aside and sprinted towards the other fifth gen fighter.

"This can't be good." I said.

"It's not." Tom said. I saw Lina almost jump into the jet and the canopy lowered above her head. The runway crew was working fast as hell to get these planes ready to fly. They suddenly all moved away as the jet started moving towards the runway.

"Hi." We heard the Chief of Top Gun say and we all turned around to see his distressed face.

"What is going on?" Tom asked worriedly.

"We spotted bandits on the radar." He said and our eyes widened.

"What!?" We all exclaimed.