38

milesteller: my love is home❤️tagged: linacruise

tagged: linacruise

89.1K likes

user1: their love is so pure!!!!

user2: such a public stunt.
|
user3: yeah, she get shipped off and does her military whore thing and then they post a photo when she gets back so she gets some fame, it will all be over in a few months

monicabarbaro: 🥹

user4: Monica is the biggest #Mina shipper🥰😂

user5: aww look at them🥹🥰🥰🥰

user6: just in time for the holidays 🙏🏻🥰

user7: thank you for your service 🙏🏻🥰

linacruise: you are my home❤️

__________________________________

LINA'S POV

I sat up in our bed quickly feeling myself sweating. I looked over to see Miles still sleeping. I was breathing heavily as I just had another nightmare. I crawled out of bed and put on my robe. I gently opened the bedroom door and closed it behind me. Erin had been kind enough to let us stay in her guest room over the holidays. I walked out to the kitchen, I looked over at the clock 4am. As usual. It's so printed in my brain to wake up at 4am. It's what we did in Baghdad. And now, instead of waking up by admirals bursting into our sleeping corners, I woke up by nightmares at 4am sharp.

I started brewing some coffee. I looked out to the backyard, the sun was still not rising. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a mug and filled it with the coffee and sat down at the table with my computer. I had reports from my deployment to write anyways and the house would be awake in a few hours so why not get this shit over with while it was still quiet.

"Lina, what are you doing up?" I heard Miles groggily ask as he came out of our room rubbing his eyes in just his pyjama pants.

"Couldn't sleep and I have some reports to finish anyways." I said and he sat down by the table with a groan.

"It's 4am." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Come back to bed, sleep for a few more hours." He said and put his head on the table.

"I can't sleep anyways." I said and he looked up at me with kind but worried eyes.

"How many nights in a row?" He asked and I furrowed my brows.

"What?" I asked.

"How many nights in a row have you woken up at this time?" He asked and leaned his head on his hand.

"I don't know." I said.

"You do know, and that you say that you don't know means it's more nights then you want to say. And you were about to lie and say maybe two or three so I wouldn't worry, but that isn't true, what is it a week? Two weeks?" He asked and I sighed.