The Master kept on listing the pairs, but I stopped listening because I was too busy thinking about my partner.

Levy would be my partner? Meaning, we would be working together... as a team..

Just like that, my head became filled with these thoughts until someone stepped on my foot. It didn't hurt but it got my attention. I looked around and saw Levy standing a few inches away from me.

"Gajeel pay attention when someone is talking to you!" she said.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"Come on, we're up against Lisanna's team first," she explained.

"Great, I've been waiting for a fight this whole trip."

With that, we ran over to where Lisanna and Bickslow were.
-------------------------------------------------

~Normal POV~

A lot of great matches occurred, and by lunch time, the final pairs left were decided. Natsu and Lucy. Gray and Juvia. Gajeel and Levy. Lastly, Erza and Jellal.

These four would face off soon in an ultimate battle to see who would win this competition.
-----------------------------------------------------

~Erza's POV~

Jellal and I made a great team when it came to fighting other pairs. We had a bit of trouble with Elfman and Evergreen's team, but in the end we won.

As we were eating lunch, I thought about the pairs. Why had I been allowed to be in this competition but none of the other trainers? I looked at Mira and she winked at me.

Of course! THAT DEVIL! I hadn't noticed it before but all the pairs were Mira's "shipments."

And apparently, Jellal and I were included in that. Not that I minded the idea of being partners with Jellal.

I peaked at Jellal who was sitting beside me. I'd known him since childhood. Sure, things happened in the middle, but he changed back. Well actually it was more like he became un-possessed. Either way, I was really happy for that.

Jellal then looked at me. He smiled. I don't know why, but his smile always made my heart skip a beat.

"Erza. Erza... Attention to Erza Scarlet."

I realized Jellal was talking to me.

"Huh? Oh sorry, what was that Jellal?" I asked.

"Nothing, you were spacing out. I brought you back to Earth-Land," Jellal said, laughing.

"Ah. Thanks," I said and went back to eating my strawberry cake.
-----------------------------------------------------

~Normal POV~

Lunch finished, and the matches were announced. It would be Natsu and Lucy versus Gajeel and Levy. The other match would be Jellal and Erza versus Gray and Juvia.

The matches took place at the same time. The first match of Nalu and Gale (as Mira had said it) was going as expected. Gajeel and Natsu were going all out, while Lucy and Levy were fighting to their fullest as well.

The second match of Jerza and Gruvia was rather one sided. Jellal was beating Gray and Erza wasn't having much trouble with Juvia either.

There was a point where Juvia stepped it up and gave Erza a hard time, while Gray froze Jellal, but soon enough Jellal and Erza became victorious.

"Damn it!" Gray yelled. "Why couldn't we win!" His voice was filled with remorse.

Jellal walked up to Gray, and helped him up off the floor.

"You did your best. Just because you lost, doesn't mean that you're weak. It just means you need to train a bit more," Jellal reassured him.

Gray just nodded. He looked at Juvia, who was blaming herself for their loss.

"Juvia is sorry, Gray-sama. If Juvia had been more strong, we could have won," she cried.

Gray knelt down beside Juvia and embraced her into a hug. Juvia was very surprised.

"Don't cry, Juvia. We did our best. Next time, we'll win for sure," he said.

"Thank you, Gray-sama," Juvia said. They both stood up and shook hands with the other pair.

Elsewhere, a rather heated battle was taking place. Gajeel had activated his iron scales, and Natsu looked more serious than ever. Lucy had summoned Leo who helped her beat Levy.

Gajeel and Natsu both looked like they were close to falling. Lucy ran up beside Natsu. Natsu gave a final roar and with the help of Leo, Gajeel was also knocked down onto the floor.

"YEAH WE WON!" Natsu screamed with excitement. He gave Lucy a high-five. "Well done Luce!"

"You too Natsu!" Lucy replied.

When the Gajeel and Levy got up, the two pairs shook hands, and by that point, the final two pairs had been determined.

Nalu vs Jerza. Which one would be victorious?
-------------------------------------------------------

So there are two reasons that I didn't really write out details of the battles. One: I was too lazy to. And second I wanted to get the point across so that the first part of the story would end, and the second part could begin.

Also, you may think it's obvious which one will win, but don't be so sure.

Please comment and vote.

~Haazzel10