Chapter 23

~ normal

~ sign language

~ M/N language

~ thoughts

On Chapter 22

"But there is a certain (H/C) boy that you will be interested in, Tsukasa-kun." Hyoga grins behind his masks.

-THE AGE OF ENERGY-

Third Person POV

"We have only a few months' time." Senku said while looking at the map. "What are you talking about?" Kohaku questioned.

"It's the time when Tsukasa will initiate an attack on us. Gen, what do you think?" Senku asked him.

"Well, based on Tsukasa-chan's character..." Gen thought for a while and then started to imitate Tsukasa with his voice. "We have control over the revival fluid. The longer the time is, the greater is our manpower. But our opponent is Senku. The more time we give him, it will most likely for him to start mass production of gunpowder." Gen said with Tsukasa's voice.

"You mimic his voice way too well." Senku sweat dropped at him.

On the other side...

"Be prepared to do everything and take down Senku once and for all. In order to prepare for the next winter, our manpower will be dispersed. Also, Hyoga, based on your information you have provided, the Kingdom of Science is a water fortress." Tsukasa confirmed with Hyoga.

"That's right. It's protected by the frozen ice lake during the winter. If they stay inside, it's extremely hard for us to attack. If we besiege the place, our troops morale and grain will not last long." Hyoga added.

"Is it really alright for us to leave Taiju and Yuzuriha unchecked?" Hyoga questions Tsukasa about his decision. 

"I'll arrange spies to watch them. But treat them the same. Don't alert them. Even if Taiju and Yuzuriha are spies, there's no way for them to keep in touch on this kind of world. Well, as compared to this, we should be more concerned about Senku's pre-emptive strike." Tsukasa simply responds with ease.

"I've sent Homura-kun to monitor them from afar. But we don't have any means of communication too. There'll be delay in delivering the intel that she will gather." Hyoga commented.

Back to the Scientist...

"Speaking of which, if Tsukasa knows that you're still alive, that means Taiju and Yuzuriha are in danger, right?" Chrome questions to Senku. 

"Will they be killed?" Kohaku added.

"This is simply not an issue. To Tsukasa, they're hostages. He'll not mistreat them. The rules of the game are simple. In order to strike Tsukasa first, we're going to make a cell phone." Senku announced.

"The battle will take place during Spring then..." M/N mumbled.

"It feels so different when many people are working together!" Chrome exclaimed, while carrying some wood to the burning site with Kohaku and Senku.

"It's the result of M/N-chan successfully taking the village chief position." Kohaku commented. "That seriously helps a great deal. Making mobile phones in this Stone World, is a very large-scale project. There are many issues that we need to solve." Senku chuckled.

"Right, about the cell phone that you mentioned. You can talk to me even when you're far away. Tell me how it works!" Chrome exclaimed, determine to know more along with Kaseki. "What is the theory? Gently explain it to me." Kaseki commented.