Chapter 15

~ normal

~ sign language

~ M/N speaking

~ thoughts

On Chapter 14

"The sulfuric acid."

Third Person POV

They were back at the hut before they knew it. "Can we not make the ultimate medicine without the sulfuric acid?" Chrome questions.

"No. And if we can't find the source of sulfuric acid, we won't be able to develop any more chemicals." Senku commented while M/N was busy checking to see if he has any injuries or not.

"Ani-chan, I'm fine. I came back in one piece. See?" He does a full-body turn, trying to reassure his older twin that he was alright and was not injured.

*Who knows? You could get an injury without you knowing.* M/N signed and still checking his body for any injuries.

Senku just sighed giving up, and just let his older twin check his body until he was reassured by it. "Looks like the only way to get it is to force my way through it. In order to save Ruri-nee, my life is out of question. Based on my speed-"

Senku puts his hand on Kohaku's shoulder and commented that he will tell a short story.

"An investigation team came to a sulfuric zone. The leader then squatted down in order to tie his shoelaces. One of the coworkers noticed that he wasn't moving at all and asked what's the matter. He's dead. The hydrogen sulfide accumulated at the place he had squatted down. This is a real incident. Nature, as long as it wants, can kill humans at any time and any where. It's not something that can be countered with Kohaku's speed." He finishes, with poor Suika trembling to the place where she might collapse any soon.

M/N then went to her and knelt down and started giving her head pats to calm her down. "Well, what should we do, Senku? I must save Ruri-nee no matter what." Kohaku commented.

"Of course. We have no choice but make a gas mask for you guys." M/N replied, still giving head pats to Suika.

Time Skip

M/N was sleeping peacefully while outside the hut, there stands Senku and Chrome discussing about something. 

'They really look like they are fighting but with mouths.' Kohaku thought while silently sighed.

"Oi."

They then turned towards an angry M/N, who was ready to eat them alive.

"You guys really do know how to fight with your mouth, isn't it?" M/N said while Senku and Chrome started to sweat dropped.

'Oh dear...' was both the named scientist thought as they ran and ran while M/N was chasing them at their tails. In the end, both scientist ended up getting their heads whacked and was dragged to the hut to get some rest.

"You guys might need to wake up early in the morning, so hurry up and get some rest." M/N stated sternly while going back to sleep, leaving the two alone as they rubbed their head where M/N has whacked harshly.

Time Skip (next morning)

"Just like when we made Edison lights, we have to first steam the bamboo." Senku commented while holding a glass piece against the dried leaves that they have collected earlier.

"Glass can be used in such a way? That's badddddd!"

"Add in potassium carbonate, and the grey water that we used in making the ramen." Senku said before instructing Kaseki and Kohaku to grind the stone into powder.

"Use this completed black fine powder that Kaseki and Kohaku had grind, which is filled with activated carbon using the potassium carbonate, to neutralize and absorb the poison gas."

GAS MASKS ACQUIRED!

"Yes, the poison gas chemical barrier is completed. Let Senku and I, to avenge the past insult." Chrome exclaimed starting to get excited about it.

"I must get it this time, the hardest material to get in making the ultimate medicine, which is the sulfuric acid." Senku chuckled.

"Be careful on your way there, ototo." M/N yawned right after wishing his younger twin good luck.

Senku simply chuckles and waved his hands.

Time Skip

"It's been an hour or so..." M/N mumbled out. "It's okay, M/N-chan. I'm sure they will get out alive, so you don't have to worry that much." Kohaku reassures him.

"Gosh, I accidentally made another gas mask. It doesn't seem to be any of use. I'll just leave it here then." Kaseki exclaimed while putting down the gas mask.

Ginro then suddenly takes the gas mask and started sprinting towards the directions that Senku and Chrome were.

"Looks like Kaseki ji-chan's word did affect him, huh?" M/N spoke out. "Yeah, let's hope he knows what he's doing." Kohaku added.

Time Skip

"Gosh.... why aren't they back yet....." M/N started walking back and forth, anxious slowly eating him up.

"M/N-chan, I think you relax a bit." Kohaku said for the tenth time and sighing out loud. 

"What if he doesn't come back? How am I suppose to live now? What is the purpose of my life now that ototo is gone? Are they going to come back? He should be okay, right? They are alright, right?" M/N mumbled, while walking back and forth for the last two hours.

"M/N ni-chan surely gets anxious easily when it comes to Senku..." Suika mumbled out.

Suddenly, M/N heard some sound coming from the bushes. "Who's there?!" Taking his knife out as his instinct taking over.

"We've obtained the sulfuric acid, the hardest material to get!!" Chrome shouted out, hurting M/N's ears. But M/N was too occupied seeing his ototo coming back safely from the journey.

Senku then puts down the sulfuric acid that he has been carrying, and boy he was not gonna that it was freaking heavy. Senku then was welcome with a bone crushing by his older twin.

"Ototo, you're okay, right? Are there any injuries or some sort? You're not feeling weird are you?" M/N asked worriedly questions all being thrown at Senku.

"I'm alright, Ani-chan. I am ten billion percent I'm not injured or hurt anywhere so you can rest assured." Senku replied while almost suffocating the bone crushing that M/N had gave him.

M/N then lets go of him letting him breath for a minute. "You bought back the acid?! Does that mean that we can finally make the ultimate medicine for Ruri-nee?!" Kohaku exclaimed with tears starting to form near her eyes.

"No, it's still too soon. You've seen the map he drew. That big, scary looking Science map for the ultimate medicine." Chrome cuts her off.

"That long at map that we can't find its end?" Kohaku asked. Chrome simply just nodded his head. 

Senku chuckled out, "That's not the case. Right now, we've gathered everything that we need." And that sentence make everyone looked shocked and happy.

"Starting today, we'll launch it all in a spurt of energy. A surge of excitement in Chemical cooking. This is so exciting!"

(1096 words)