Chapter 8

~ normal

~ sign language

~ M/N speaking

~ thoughts

On Chapter 7

"We have to step up in the Stone World. This is the Scientific plan.... to get the ultimate medicine!"

-STONE ROAD-

M/N POV

'Looks like the trouble starts here..... sigh.....'  "Seriously? Incredible!" Chrome shouted, with slight red on his cheeks. Kohaku looks confused on what Chrome has shouted about. And I just look like I simply want to hit the hay.

"Let's start with this 'iron' stuff. By the way, what is iron and mercury? Explain to me in detail." Chrome begs Senku to explain to him as he gets curious about it. "I don't feel like explaining it.." Senku mentioned.

"Dr. Senku's sorcery Science class? I don't think I'll understand a single bit even if I listened." Kohaku stated. "Kukuku. More like Dr. M/N, Kohaku." Senku grinned evilly. *You really are asking for death huh?*

"Just explain it in simpler words, Ani-chan." *I'll try I guess.... Hand me some sticks. Chrome won't understand what I'm signing anyway.* "Sure." as he took out a few sticks from his back. "You planned this all, didn't you, ototo?" "Nope. Never did, Ani-chan." *Sigh...*

After what seemed like eternity, I finished writing on the floor. Jesus, my back cramp so much!

This is what I wrote for metal:

1. Iron is metal, an element of group VIII of the periodic table. It is a lustrous, ductile, malleable, silver-grey in color. It is the tenth most abundant element in the universe. It is found in a major amount at the core of the Earth in a molten form.

2. A shiny, greyish metal that rusts in damp air. Iron is an enigma, it rusts easily, yet it is the most important of all metals. 90% of all metal is refined today as iron. 

3. It is known to exist in four distinct crystalline forms.

And this is what I wrote for Mercury:

1. Mercury is a chemical element, it has Hg and atomic number 80. It is also known as quicksilver and was formerly named hydrargyrum  from the Greek words hydor (water) and argyros (silver).

2. A heavy , silvery element, mercury is the only metallic element that is known to be liquid at standard temperature and pressure ; the only other element that is liquid under these conditions is the halogen bromine, though metals such as Caesium, Gallium and Rubidium melt just above room temperature.

*And there you go! All done with my work! Now don't bother me unless it's an emergency!* I signed. "Thanks a lot, M/N-chan! It made me understand better than before!" Chrome then ran towards me and hugs me in a bone crushing hug, not even bothered what I hand signed. 

Senku, somehow being a protective ototo grabs him by his collar and pulls him back. "Oi oi oi. Are you trying to kill my Ani-chan here? And who do you think you are to have the rights to hug my Ani-chan?"

"Ototo, cut him some slack. I'm okay." I said before his glare will kill Chrome. He then lets go of Chrome and Chrome once again had obtained freedom. I simply chuckles at their attitude. I then went to the hut and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Time Skip (night time)

I woke up and looked outside, and saw it was already nighttime. I wasn't even surprise now to be honest. I then heard screams, and I suppose it was Chrome being excited again. I went out and went to the source of the sound, just to see Senku almost half-dead.

"Ototo? What are you doing on the ground? It's dirty as fuck." I stated while being disgusted, not minding Chrome and Kohaku looking at me and processing what I had just said.

"Senku! I have a question! Why am I not being thrown off the branch then?" Kohaku asked while relaxing herself on a nearby tree. "That's because of gravity." Senku answered, with his voice hinted with a bit of annoyance.

"I knew it was strange. No wonder the stars didn't move at all." Chrome said. "The North Star?" I asked. "Yeah." "It's a very useful star that it's ten billion percent true North." Senku claimed. "Is that so?" "You say it's the 'true north', but I feel like it's off." Kohaku stated.

"How is that possible, Kohaku-chan? It's slightly...." I widened my eyes. Senku too, it looks like me and him are thinking the same thing.

"Is it because the Earth's axis has changed? The whole planet has tilted slightly over the past 3700 years.. Now it's 5739 AD. The North Star's position has changed. No wonder my sextant couldn't determine the direction on the way to Hakone." Senku continued my sentence and chuckles.

"And I call myself a freaking Scientist.. What a joke. I can't believe I missed such an important thing. Even if you don't have a definitive idea, you noticed it faster than me. I'm such a hopeless guy." I frowned at what my ototo had said about himself.

"Senku. I don't think you're a hopeless guy." Kohaku reassured him. "I'm not trying to sell myself short. It's just that I appear calm on the outside, but I actually haven't caught up with the current environment. It never hit me until now that how insanely long 3700 years are." Senku said. He then came into relization.

"How did you know that the North Star's position is off?" Senku questions. "I was wondering too." I added. "So even the great Senku and M/N doesn't know about this specific rock! It's an awesome stone that I had picked up at the Bald Mountain." Chrome said while showing a smug face.

"Hang it or let it float on water, it somehow points to the North! Marvelous, right?" He explained. Me and Senku saw it was a...... \

"Magnet." We both said.

 "So you know what it is! Damn it!" Chrome immediately lied down on the dirty ground in defeat. 

Senku then takes the magnet and examined with an amused face on. "Chrome, good going. As long as we have magnets....."

Time Skip (The Next Day)

Senku and Chrome jumps from a low cliff by the river and splashed all over the place. While me and Kohaku simply crossed the water by the help of some rocks. Kohaku then takes a magnet and puts it underwater, and collected a lot of some black sand.

"The first step in the roadmap for the Kingdom Of Science, the Iron Age has finally started kicking off. This is so exciting."

(1059 words)