Chapter 9

~ normal

~ sign language

~ M/N speaking

~thoughts

On Chapter 8

"The first step in the roadmap for the Kingdom Of Science, the Iron Age has finally started kicking off. This is so exciting."

M/N POV

Time Skip (30 minutes later)

"By the way, the lioness and M/N-chan is wonderful. They really are like gorillas." Chrome stated, with Senku and him chilling by the shore. Me and Kohaku-chan are really the only ones who's really working.

"I told you I'm not a gorilla!"

"Well, it wouldn't mind if it's just a little scratch now, do we?"

"Hey, me and M/N-chan are the ones who are collecting the stuff! Get to work you two! We're already lacking manpower!" Kohaku exclaimed and leading her to punch Chrome on the head, while I whacked my ototo's head. 

"I'm sorry." They both apologized.

IRON SAND OBTAINED!

"It'll be dark soon and we just collected this much." Senku sighs.

"Should we ask help from the villagers?" Chrome asked. "The villagers think you three are suspicious sorcerers. Unfortunately, no one is going to help us." Kohaku replied to Chrome's questions. I sighed, knowing it will take ages to collect all the Iron sand.

I then noticed a watermelon floating down the river. "A watermelon?" "It could be." A figure then suddenly pops out of the watermelon, a child's figure to be exact.

"Suika? Why are you here?" Kohaku questioned the named watermelon, Suika. "Did you follow us here?" She pats the watermelon cover (?).

 "That person's name is Suika?" Senku questioned.  "I think it's her nickname if I remembered correctly. It's because of the watermelon rind on her head." Chrome explained.

"Hey, Suika! I can't believe you took my magnet!" Chrome snatched the magnet from Suika's hand. I noticed the magnet has some Iron sand on it. Oh? 

"I want to help too. I always wear this thing, so I can't help others. When I grow up, it would surely be the same." Suika said softly, and Chrome felt bad for snatching the magnet.

"Alright, enough talking." Senku sounded quite harsh. Suika flinches, thinking she might get scolded and just to her surprise, I patted her watermelon rind to make her feel slightly in ease. 

"Thank you very much, cutie pie."

"Everyone is welcome in the Kingdom of Science. We need all the help we can get." Senku stated while smirking. "A shortie like you would be ten billion times better at gathering the Iron sand. I'm counting on you, Suika."

"Use your words nicely, ototo."

"I am."

Senku then hands over Suika a magnet, and I simply smile at the interaction. "Good luck, Suika." I softly smiled at her and encouraging her.

"Ototo, water." "Go ahead."

Chrome POV

"They're the first person who didn't ask me why I'm wearing this. They realized that I don't want others to see my face, so they didn't ask me!" Suika said, and with her tone, I think she is excited.