''Obsolete'' Running on the Battlefield (Part 1)

I raised Kita-chan to the ceiling, so this is my first post.

- Duan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 7 Month 3 Year 1643 Central Calendar

Paganda Island

At the western edge of the Second Civilization Area lies the island of Paganda. Once the domain of the Kingdom of Paganda, a peripheral country, it now belonged to the territory of the Gra Valkas Empire. Several years ago, the full-scale invasion by the Gra Valkans began after the public execution of one of their imperial family members who had visited this island as orchestrated by the military's machinations. Consequently, this nation, abhorred by the others like a plague, now had no living citizens, and there was no one to bear the brunt of that hatred.

"...One Orion-class, two Taurus-class, and Canis Minor-class..."

High above the island, a lone silver dragon soared through the sky. She remained invisible to the Gra Valkan radar, flying leisurely and continuing her reconnaissance. This dragon meticulously examined the number of defending ships, their types, and the deployment of ground forces on the island, relaying the information to the rider riding on her saddle. The person accompanying her, serving as the record keeper this time, accurately transcribed the information conveyed through telepathy into a notebook.

In warfare, "information" is more critical than anything else. Being able to gather such information securely and directly on-site, rather than relying on indirect means like spies, gave them a significant advantage over the empire at this point.

"Is that all?"

"Yeah. The only thing left is the final touch... It looks like this mission will be over soon."

"There's no helping it. As long as Miss Leica is in that state, we can't expose you to danger, Miss Ilx."

Not too many years ago, Divine Dragon Ilx was the greatest force and the primary security element in the Kingdom of Irnetia. In the recent naval battle, the higher-ups were concerned about the Ilx not ridden by Leica struggling against the Gra Valkan aircraft. It was also noted that, once she was mounted, she swiftly deleted them. Furthermore, there were no Mirishial navy units on Irnetia Island at the moment. It wasn't a retreat, but they temporarily left the island for a large counteroffensive operation that Mirishial was planning. Currently, in this world, only the Elpacio 5s and Ilx could counter the Gra Valkas Empire's heavy bombers. Therefore, Ilx was excluded from the forces in this operation. So, there was only one thing for her to do in this mission.

Ilx closed her eyes and focused her concentration. Magical power surged, and her body was enveloped in faint particles of light. First, a light projectile the size of a soccer ball appeared right in front of her. It stayed in place, showing no sign of movement. After a moment, another one appeared to the right. Furthermore, one after another, three, four... light projectiles appeared and remained stationary around her. When the count reached 300, they stopped materializing. If observed from the ground, it would be mistaken for a starry sky or something similar.

Each of these light projectiles had considerable destructive power—though lacking in penetrating power—and a relatively slow speed, making them unsuitable for anti-ship attacks. For human mages, the limit for continuous creation is three, and for elves, it's ten. She literally manifested a staggering number, and even controlled them simultaneously—meaning, she showed the ability to manipulate them all at once—yet she didn't seem even a bit fatigued. The clouds below parted, revealing what was hidden behind them.