The Awakened Dragonfolk

This conversation currently involves a serious character breakdown. I recommend that the 10 million Moriaul fans nationwide to press return on their browsers.

- Duan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The one who entered the cabin was in fact Moriaul, a nobleman in charge of diplomacy from the Kingdom of Emor. Fearm and her subordinates, who were not informed in advance, widened their eyes in astonishment. Meteos, who had a vague suspicion about the wind dragon riders, who rarely came to such places, pressed his temples with a bitter expression.

Leaving them behind, Moriaul's subordinates boarded one after another and took their seats.

"We will soon be taking off. Please fasten your seatbelts."

At the same time they boarded, an announcement echoed through the cabin. It seemed that the captains were aware of this situation. If that were the case, Fearm thought to herself, they should have informed them earlier.

With them on board, the Guernica and the two wind dragons took off into the sky.

. . .

"Ma-Master Moriaul, for what purpose are you in this plane...?" a determined Fearm spoke to Moriaul.

This is someone with a stature and status far higher than hers. In front of such an individual, her long, pointy ears characteristic of an elf drooped.

"Normally, we would not allow such a thing to preserve our pride. However, this time, due to the need for swift action, there was no choice but to do so."

"I see..."

The dragonfolk, much like the light-winged people, is a race known for its severe discrimination against other species. They did not resort to slavery like the light-winged people, making them the lesser of the two evils...

Therefore, it is rare to see dragonfolk outside the Kingdom of Emor. Their high pride doesn't permit them to live mixed with other races. At most, they live in small numbers in the Kingdom of Torquia.

In their country, there are no floating ships of the heavens. The reason is simple: most of the territory consists of mountains or dense forests, and there is no suitable land to build an airstrip. So, when diplomats from Emor need to travel to distant places, they always charter Mirishial's aircraft. However, that inevitably takes time. In that case, it would indeed be faster to hitch a ride.

However, is a Divine Dragon such a formidable presence that it can bend the pride of dragonfolk higher than the sacred mountain? Thinking that way, she became a little intrigued.

"Are those wind dragons your escort?"

"Yes. I've heard that some barbarians from the Second Civilization are causing trouble. Just to be safe."

"Well, there's no way to beat a wind dragon, after all..."

Wind dragons are this world's strongest air force. While their maximum speed of about 500 km/h is slightly inferior to Mirishial's state-of-the-art fighter Elpacio 3 at 570 km/h, their maneuverability is tremendous. In past exercises, even the Elpacios, which were inferior in turning ability, were juggled by the wind dragons and received successive shoot-down judgments. There were only two of them, but they were wind dragons. It was more than enough force for an escort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We will be arriving at the Kingdom of Irnetia soon—"

"Ugh! Finally..."

Fearm stretched her arms, loosening her stiffened body from sitting for so long.

For refueling with magical stone supply, the Guernica, which landed several times during the journey and carried the diplomatic envoys of the two countries, was finally about to arrive in Irnetia.