Guided Magic Bullet

"—That concludes our report."

"Annonrial... hmmmm."

In the central part of the royal capital, Kirclus, in the King's chamber at Rampal Palace, Iltis XIII received a report from Leica about the details of the matter in the dimly lit room. Upon hearing everything, his expression became quite grim.

It was natural. The Divine Dragon (the country's best fighting force) sent to capture the lightning dragons was attacked by the legendary guided magic bullets, and the culprit was revealed to be the Annonrial Empire, a nation supposedly more primitive than a civilized country.

However, it seems his dismay was not as extreme as one might expect.

"...However, it's a relief that all of you are unharmed. The lightning dragon is indeed a formidable force for the war against Gra Valkas, but it falls short when predicting against the Ravernal Empire. Since we can't gather as many Divine Dragons as Infidragoon did in the past, we must eventually transition to aircraft through engineering," he said calmly.

These words were correct. Divine Dragons are capable of flying at several times the speed of sound. Infidragoon once possessed many of these, but most perished in the Dragon Sorcery War. The few survivors, like Ilx, are mostly in a dormant state. In short, their numbers have not increased at all. Imitating Infidragoon is impossible for the Kingdom of Irnetia. He understood that. That's why he believed there would come a time when they must transition to aircraft created through engineering—something like floating ships of the heavens or flying machines.

"Fortunately, we received a response from Mirishial last night."

"...! Could it be...?"

"Yes. Once this war settles, though it may take time, they plan to provide technology for the old chant powered light magic air emission engine and send technicians. Apparently, it's not just our country; most friendly nations in the Central World will receive the same."

After the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference, the Holy Mirishial Empire made a decision to "relax the technology supply restrictions." The Spatial Divination had revealed a time limit. The Ravernal Empire is expected to revive within 4 to 25 years. They judged that technological development by the Empire alone would not be enough to counter that country. Therefore, the Empire decided to provide technologies for floating ships of heavens and high-performance magic engines, which they had not offered to other countries before, to various magical civilization nations, including Irnetia.

"At any rate, Annonrial won't attack us immediately, right?"

"Yes, that should be the case. Although that country boasts overwhelming technological power, they have adopted a policy of isolation, considering it impossible to deal with the entire world. So, even if an operation that shouldn't reveal its identity fails, they're unlikely to take action."

"Yes, you, who knows the most about Annonrial among us, say so. I trust you."

"...My utmost gratitude."

Leica had revealed her secret only to him. It was because he was in a position where he could keep things secret, and she believed him to be someone who wouldn't disclose it. Especially, she didn't want Ilx to know.

"...Oh, by the way, about that matter."

"!! Did you find out something?"

"There were eyewitness reports on a ship heading from the Parpaldia Empire to the port town of Falhar in the western Vestal Continent. I'll let you know the details when they become clear."

"Thank you very much, Your Majesty!"

She bowed deeply and left the King's chamber hastily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~