Urgent Quest! Capture the Lightning Dragon! (Part 1)

More and more Emor subcultures are being enriched...

- Duan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 6 Month 4 Year 1641 Central Calendar

Northeastern Kingdom of Torquia, First Civilization Area

A silvery-white dragon soared through the blue sky, cutting through the wind. Riding on its back was a young girl adorned in warm clothing.

"Hey... I wonder if that's the sacred Accen Mountains."

"Probably. Just as I heard, you can feel an incredible amount of magic essence there."

What lies ahead for these two is a massive mountain range, partially covered in snow, with the summit shrouded in dark clouds. Known as the Accen Mountains, it serves as the northern barrier for the third-ranked Kingdom of Emor and stands as one of the world's largest mountain ranges. True to its name, the Accen Mountains constantly emits high concentrations of magical essence from its surface, making it a habitat for various dragon species.

This time, their goal is one of those dragon groups – the lightning dragon, an elemental dragon that even the dragonfolk, a race skilled in taming dragons, have struggled to control.

There is a certain circumstance, and it has become evident that the Gra Valkas Empire will soon launch another invasion. However, with the current air power, they will be unable to contend with them. It's not feasible to needlessly sacrifice wyvern riders, and relying on just one might lead to oversights. Therefore, they have decided to accept the proposal made earlier by Moriaul.

"Well, we need to find the gate... Ilx, can you do it?"

"Just wait a moment..."

When the girl spoke to the dragon, it closed its eyes and opened its mouth.

A few dozen seconds later...

"I found it. There's a gathering of people about 25 kilometers in the 2 o'clock direction. That's probably it."

"Thanks. Let's head there then."

With those words, the dragon carrying the girl descended in altitude and continued to fly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Border Gate, Kingdom of Emor

The 3rd Border Gate is an immigration checkpoint located on the border with the Kingdom of Torquia, south of the Accen Mountains. Despite being in proximity to the allied nation of Torquia, this rural location rarely sees any hopeful immigrants, and today it is no exception.

"Man, so bored..."

The dragonfolk man working in this remote place had nothing to do, so, as usual, he gazed into the distant sky. A small wyvern flew across the sky. Probably a stray one, as it's unusual to see one flying alone. It could be a scout or perhaps one that got separated. Well, such things didn't matter much.

While absentmindedly watching the wyvern, he suddenly noticed something.

"...Is it coming this way...?"

Yes, for some reason, the wyvern was heading in his direction. He peered through binoculars, slightly intrigued. In the next moment, his heart jumped.

"—Wha, the D-Divine Dragon!!?"

Indeed, what he initially thought was a wyvern turned out to be a divine dragon with a silvery body. Although he hadn't seen the mentioned broadcast, he recognized its appearance, identical to the divine dragon form of the silver heroine from his favorite book, The Divine Dragon's Wedding.