Hero or Villain

I smile with confidence as I walk through the doors. Not many people are here and even less are paying any attention to me.

I walk up to the cashier and hand him 2 100 dollar bills. He doesn't look up at me until I push the bill towards him.

"Did you buy gas?" He asks then looks up. He stares at me, his eyes wide open. I must look pretty scary in the suit, I've never seen so much fear. I smile calmly.

"Yup." I leave the bill and then grab a bag from behind the counter. I nod to him and notice that the two other people in the gas station staring at me. I nod at them and stuff the bag with all of the matches and lighters I can find. I grab a box of matches for myself and go to the door. I stop with one foot out the door.

"Oh, by the way, you may want to evacuate....the city." I smile again and leave out the door.

I walk to the car that waits for me, I have at least 5 red gas cans in it. Kate sits in front, a elegant Halloween mask over her face.

I wave to her to drive. She nods and leaves, revealing a single gas can. I grab the gas can and start pouring it around the station. I make sure to put a lot by the propane tank next to the station. I see the cashier and the customers run out of the station. They don't even look at me as they sprint down the streets. I smile and make a line of gasoline to the dry grass. The grass leads to a huge apartment and more housing. I figured I'd start with the least populated side of town and make my way up.

I throw the gas can near the apartment. It hits a window and breaks through it.
Damn, this whole strength is kinda screwing me up.

The light of the window I broke turns on.

The owner, a young man probably mid twenties, looks out the window.

"You might want to get as many people as you can out of there!" I yell and light a match. I throw it on the ground and watch as the gas lights up, so does the grass. I run down the street and 3 blocks later I hear a boom. I look back and hear sirens and see the flames traveling from house to house.

"Goodness, I'm evil." I smile. I would feel bad but most of the houses are empty as it is and drug dealers live in the other ones. Sure, it's killing people but it's business.

I see Kate's car in the distance. She squeals to a stop right in front of me. I laugh with relief and get into the passenger seat.

"I can't believe... I still can't." Kate shakes her head, she's scared but I think she kinda likes this.

"I know, but next, we set the bank of 25th on fire." I smile. Kate nods and slams on the gas pedal. We tear through the streets as I see more smoke rise from begin us.

We take the alleyways to the bank. I grab 2 gas cans and hop out of the car. We are a block from the bank. I walk down the dark sidewalks and to the empty bank. A few banks are next to it but this is the biggest one. I walk up the steps and kick the glass doors. This is where my strength comes in handy. I hear alarms go off but soon they silence. Thank god Darwin learned to hack. I smile and begin throwing gas everywhere. I jump on top of desks and splatter gas everywhere. I consider dancing in the gas, but I'd rather not burn myself. I smile and go to the vault.

"Darwin?" I say with a finger to my ear piece.

"On it." His voice comes through. The vault clicks and groans before it unlatches. I probably could have rammed through but I'm not a jerk, I'm a villain.

I throw the gas in the fault before leaving another trail out the door. This time I leave a giant X on the steps of the bank with the second gas can. I throw the gas cans back up at the banks next door and light a match. I throw it to the ground and watch the flames engulf the bank. I smile at my work and run.