Nameless Vigilante

I helped the Flash that night. I'm not sure exactly want happened because I got a concussion.

Harrison has been telling me I looked great but...he's a nice guy.

It's been two days since then and Harrison is going to let me rest until tomorrow. I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling. My thoughts are primarily of how hungry I am and how dumb I must have looked out there.

I sigh and get out of bed. I see three bruises on my leg. They gleam with pain. I ignore them and take a shower. The hot water hits the bruises and random cute in my back.

Harrison said I got thrown threw a wall.

I definitely feel it now. I wash my hair quickly and find that I can hardly lift my arms up that high.

"This was such a bad idea, Jo." I whisper to myself as I rinse my body and turn off the water. I breath deeply and close my eyes and listen to the trickle of the water.

I think I said something really snarky to the Flash. I can't tell at the moment if I wanted to or if it just did.

I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I hear my cellphone ring and I sigh. I step out of the steamy bathroom and into my room. I grab my cellphone and see Harrison's number. I answer.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I'm coming over to your house." He doesn't even ask. I roll my eyes and scoff, but at the same time excitement runs through my body.

"Why?"

"Turn on your tv and you'll see why." He says before hanging up. With only my towel on, I go into my living room. I click on the television and flip to the news.

"I'm not sure I want the Flash going around, I mean he is no match for a lot of the villains we see.." a man says as he talks to a news anchor. I squint my eyes. Why would Harrison want me to see this?

"The other vigilante that showed up, although suffered quite the beat down, seemed to almost be more powerful than the Flash." The news anchor speaks up. Now I'm confused, was there another vigilante I didn't see?

"The woman with the sword is quite the fighter isn't she? I hope to see more of her." The first man says with a grin. I'm disgusted by this at first.

"Listen to these first hand accounts of what the people saw." The anchor says. The screen flicks to another picture and I see pictures of a red headed woman fighting with a sword. I hardly recognize myself. The red hair is so different from my natural dark brown that my skin, only the skin on my face, looks strange and dark.

"She came out of nowhere, she swooped in like some sort of graceful ballerina and did all these flips. It was amazing!" A young man says with a smile.

"I think maybe she's an alien, the way her training was wasn't natural." The screen goes to a cop who was on the scene.

I watch in awe and wonder how I became so cool, and I have a feeling I won't be cool for too long.

My door bell rings and I go to answer it. I walk to the front door and unlock the bolt and open it. Harrison sits in his chair. He looks at me for a moment before raising an eyebrow. It takes me a second to realize that I'm still only in my towel.

"Oh my, umm, come in, I'm going to um, change." I hurry away and leave the door open. I feel my face go red as I hurry to my room. I get inside my bedroom and shut the door. I want to cry, I'm so unimpressed with my actions. I throw and my clothing as quick as I can. I comb my hair quickly and leave it hanging long in a pony tail down my back.

I walk out of my room and come into the leaving room to see Harrison sitting in his chair watching the television.

"You're quiet the talk aren't you?" He says without looking at me.

"For the men, I suppose." I shrug. Harrison chuckles and then turns to me.

"Have you talked to Barry since that day?" He becomes serious.

"No...?" I bite my lip. "Why?"

"Go on a date with him tonight." He nods.

"Okay, is this what you came here for?" I frown. He smiles.

"No I came here about your injuries, Barry, or whoever you converse with other than me, can't see them." He frowns back. I don't like his frown, it makes him look older than he is.

"Okay, so how am I going to go with Barry?" I raise an eyebrow.

"With this." He takes out a syringe.

"What's that?" I nod to it.

"Well some of it is a fast reacting syrum. The other part is an agent that can make you more agile." He smiles like a child who has made his first picture.

"Okay. So will it have a bad effect?" I ask.

"It will make you gave more agility and faster healing speed." He smiles.

"Alright, let's do it." I walk over to him and hold out my arm. He winks and puts the needle in my arm.

Did I just consent to this?

I feel a sharp shooting pain go through my whole body.

"You might pass out for a bit." Harrison says as I stumble to the couch. I fall asleep instantly.

***

"Johanna?" Barry's voice wakes me up. I sit up and realize I'm on the couch sleeping. Barry stands in front of me with a grey dress jacket and black dress pants on. I sit up and see that it's late afternoon and I'm still on the couch from the what did Harrison call it? A syrum?

"Barry?" I ask. Why is Barry here? Did Harrison call him?

"My supper reservation is in about 30 minutes." He says uneasily.

"Supper?" I furrow my eyebrows. I hear Harrison's voice in the back of my head. "Oh, supper..."

I get off the couch and walk around Barry.

"Are you feeling okay?" Barry asks as I stumble a bit. I'm about to lie to him when I realize, nothing hurts.

"Actually yes, I forgot to wake up and get ready." I smile. Barry smiles back and I turn back to my bedroom. I walk to my door and open and close it behind me. I walk to my closet and find a cute but not very fancy dress to wear. As I put it on I see a note on my bed.

'Sorry that it made you pass out for so long. I called Barry and may have used your voice to call for supper. We have to make sure he wouldn't never think you could be The X. Have fun - Harrison.'

I frown slightly but smile as I read it again.

The X.

It's like some unknown. X is the perfect way to describe me. I fold the note and put on the side table near my bed. I take my hair out of my pony tail and see that it's actually okay looking, it's a nice wavy look. I put on some quick makeup and then go out the door of my bedroom after turning off the lights.

The X..........

When did Harrison hear a name like that. I stop dead in my tracks. The syrum he gave me made me agile. Would did that mean?

I bit my lip as I thought. Barry was standing right where I left him.

"Shall we go?" I say, trying to clear my mind of Harrison Wells.

"We shall." He smiles and we walk out the door.