I'm Not A Speedster (Revised)

The sunset reminded me of the colors of The Flash. The soft, yet brilliant, red and the yellow, the way they are mixed, reminds me of the days the two of them would fight. Of course those days seem so long ago and they seem so short lived. The cool breeze reminded me of the wind a speedster gave off when they ran past you. One would feel as though a speedster couldn't seen anything but the path in front of themselves. They would get so close to people because they were that fast. One would think they couldn't see anyone but themselves as they cut through the wind. The sad part was that they could. They could see the people around them but sometimes they were too fast to register who the person was. That's the way speedsters were. I'm not an expert on speed and I'm no scientist but you don't need a PhD to know a speedster and you don't need to be a speedster to know how they feel. Although, there are some things that only speedsters know: the feeling of wind when you create it yourself, the ground and earth underneath you, the way you can almost defy gravity and laws of physics. The way it feels to be too fast...the pain of not being fast enough...not being able to save someone you love because you couldn't go fast enough. Those are things only a speedster knows. The feeling of knowing you're the fastest and you weren't fast enough.

I know that feeling, but I wasn't being saved by a speedster, I was saving one, and I wasn't fast enough to save the fastest. They say it wasn't my fault he didn't make it, I just wasn't a superhuman or superhuman enough. They told me "What happened was meant to happen."

I didn't think it was meant to. None of this was meant to, it just turned out that way, on accident.

I'm not a speedster but I knew two...
now...
I only know one.