Dr. Harrison Wells

I stand in front of the door of the pent house. My heart starts to beat faster as my finger pushed the door bell. I wait for a couple of seconds, my nervousness builds up even more inside of me.

The door opens and the man in the wheelchair sits there looking up.

"You're right on time, Miss Ames." He smiles. I smile awkwardly back. He moves his chair out of the way and let's me in.

"My name is Harrison Wells, you probably have heard of me by now." He says as he motions me to follow him into his house. I walk and take in my surroundings. The place is huge and very clean, there is very little furniture. We come into a room with two couches and a coffee table. I see a large screen to the right of the room. The room is surrounded by windows that go from te floor to the ceiling, I can see the city out of them. It reminds me of how high up we are. My stomach does a slight flip, I've never like heights.

"How do you know so much about me?" I ask Harrison as he places himself next to a couch. He motions me to sit, I take a seat in the middle of the couch.

"I know a lot of things about people, I'm a scientist who knows how to use not only a computer, but people." He smiles devilishly. "Kind of like yourself."

I take in a deep breath and look down at my hands which I am fiddling with. Harrison watches me for a second before he continues.

"You have an interesting backstory. You come here from a different country , however you originated in Kansas. I see you were brought up in Switzerland from 10 to 18 years of age. You came to Central City for college and met Barry Allen, however you left after two years and went to military training in Starling City. Most people believe you were only deployed to England, however you and I know differently. After the Arrow showed up, you were put in a special task force. At 21, you were the youngest but you were one of the best. After the attack of those supermen came, you left, and came back to Central City were you got a job as a history teacher, which was what you went to school for. However, when you were in Starling City you saw more than just men in hoods didn't you?" Harrison smirks at the end. I fidget on the couch.

"I saw enough." Are the only words I can manage.

"You got very different training and I believe you still miss it, am I correct?" He asks. I think for a moment before I nod.

"Then let us. get started." He moves his chair to the front door. I sit for a second and ponder.

"Wait do you mean, get started?" I ask as I stand up.

"Everyone wants to become a super hero, however as we both know, not many can achieve it." He says from the front door. I walk back to the front door.

"I'm not a hero." I sigh.

"Who said that's what you would become?" He smiles and leaves out the front door.

I realize what he means and let out another deep breath.

I want to become someone, and I want to use my training.

I walk out the front door and follow him to the elevator. The silence between us makes room for my brain to remember what happen 4 years ago in Starling City.

***
"Lieutenant Ames!" Captain Henry yelled as I tried to pick up one of the fallen. I looked back and saw him shake his head. The underground street is filled with the men in masks. They are advancing toward the labs, the ones with mutants. A truck with a burlap cover pulled up and Henry hopped on. I let go of the body I'm holding and jumped into the truck. The driver gunned it and speeds forward.

"If we die and they get into the lab, they will let the thing out." Henry yells over the roar of gun shots.

"And these guns are doing a god damn thing." I yelled back. The truck stopped in front of the labs. I saw mismatched units standing with guns ready. I hopped out of the truck and saw blood on everyone. I feel the pain of the knife that stabbed me two hours earlier in my side. I ignored it and went to the front of the line.

"Do we have anything more powerful than the guns?" Someone asked.

"We could always let It out." Someone else whispered.

"Stay sharp men." I said, hoping that commanding would bring hope and loyalty. The soldiers sobered up and start getting in a formation. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw them do this. My own men and women had done this before....

now they were all dead.

The men in masks slowly marched toward us. I got my gun ready and aimed it at the large wall of masked men.

"Fire." A woman screamed. All of the soldier and I unloaded out clips into the men. Some of them fell but when one fell another took up his position in the wall.

"Let It out!" A man screamed.

"Soldier fall back." I heard Henry yell. I fell back and watched as a large black box is moved to the front. I knew what was inside there. I watched the box open and watch the huge furry black monster come out. It began to run at the masked men. I watched it destroy them and I knew it would come for us. Minutes pass and soon the masked men are all dead or dying, or too mangled to move. The thing turned back to us. It's gorrilla like features reminded me of King Kong. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, I saw the monster bounding away. I gasped as the men started to run after it.
Those that did, never came back.

***

I left after that event. I never wanted to see that gorrilla again, and hopefully I never would. The elevator doors open and I follow Harrison out.

I realize that I don't deserve to be a hero. My unit was killed by masked men, and some of them I just left behind.

Harrison was right....

I couldn't become a hero.