Say Yes to the Dress

I wasn't prepared to have Barry over at my house. It had been three days since I lost my job and I really hadn't done much with my life since then. I had been calling various schools but with no luck, I had forgotten, I was dangerous.

Ever since I was told that I've been thinking of ways to make it into some kind of pick up line. However I hardly went to the bar when I had money, and now that I don't have a steady flow of it I definitely won't now.

I looked like I had just rolled out of bed, which I had. My hair was done up in a messy, very messy, bun. I had an old pair of blue striped pajama pants and a white v-neck shirt on. Barry was lucky enough to catch me after I had put deodorant and a bra on.

I sat on the couch flipping through the morning news channels when Barry kinda just burst through my door.

"That party is tonight!" He said cheerily. He was wearing common everyday clothes but they were ruffled, almost as if he had put them on quickly. His hair was the same way.

"Jesus! Barry, I just woke up." I jumped a little bit off the couch. He seemed to notice he rude manners and walked back to the door and knocked. I almost laughed.

"That party is tonight." He repeats when he comes in. This is how Barry used to be.

"Okay, it's like 10 in the morning, I have plenty of time." I stand up in stretch.

"Except, it's for a um, my friends, which happen to own Queen Consolidated and Palmer Tech." He says quietly. I taken aback.

"I'm going to go get a better dress then." I turn off the tv and walk to my kitchen.

"We should match!" He smiles as he follows me. I stop in the kitchen and look at him briefly.

"This isn't prom Barry." I sigh as I make my way to my room from the kitchen. "Stay here, I'll be back."

I go into my room and shut the door behind me and begin looking for suitable clean clothing. I have done laundry for a while and I'm not sure how I will look. I see myself in the closet mirror as I open the door. My makeup is left over from two days ago and looks quite natural. I'm only going out for a dress with Barry, I won't redo it.

I grab a pair of dark blue jeans and a striped black and white Tshirt. I fix my bun quick so it's not quite as messy before I leave the room. I come into the kitchen and see Barry sitting ar the kitchen table.

"So, it's a good thing I've been saving my money since I got my inheritance." I decided to stop talking after that. Barry gives me a sympathetic look. He was there on the day it happened, the day I found out. He knew the same pain. I could see him about to say something about it but I cut him off.

"Where to Mr. Allen?" I smile and grab my purse off the counter. He stands up and follows me out the door.

"I have a friend coming with I hope you don't mind, she says she's an expert in clothes shopping." He smiles and we walk out the front door.

I see a very pretty blonde woman with glasses sitting in Barry's car. I give him a questioning look as she steps out of the car.

"Johanna Ames, this is Felicity Smoak." Barry says. I look to Felicity and grin. I hold out my hand she shakes.

"Barry has told me everything about you." She smiles.

"Well, I hope not everything." I wink to Barry. We get into the car. I sit in the backseat and listen to Felicity's story about Starling City which is now Star City. I listen closely and then recall my days living there.

"I suppose a lot has changed now that you have the Arrow." I sigh.

"I suppose a lot has changed here with the Flash." She sends a smile.

"Oh sure a lot has changed but, now, how do I explain this. Petty crime has gone down but so many terrorists have come here and have, well, terrorized. Now I have nothing wrong with the Flash, he actually saved my life but it wouldn't have been in danger had he not attracted terrorists." I say casually and not with a bit of angry. Felicity nods cautiously. She opens her mouth to speak but Barry speaks instead.

"Do you really think so? I mean he did save your life." He says with a bit of anger. I sigh.

"I feel the same way about the Arrow." Felicity says quickly. Barry becomes silent until we get to a elegant looking place uptown. We walk in without saying a word.

A very thin tight faced woman meets us.

"Hello, I hear we have a pretty brunette to find a dress for."She smiles at me. I smirk.

"Yes, Barry wants some fashionable to wear." I wink. This causes a small fit of laughter.

"You're a funny one, I have a couple dresses I think you would like." The woman leads me to a different room.

3 hours later I come out with a blue dress. Barry, who has been completely into all of the dresses has nothing to say. Felicity looks at me and her face brightens. I smile.

"It's a yes isn't it?" I become excited

"It's yes, right Barry." Felicity smiles.

"Right now, it's a yes to everything you do." He says, completely unaware of what he just said.

My face becomes redder than the Flash's outfit.