Risking it All

It's been days since he last heard from Sakura, and he was doing his best not to dwell on the fact that he might be coming off as a "stalker." He didn't like using that term because it wasn't his intention, but he couldn't help but think that Sakura saw it that way.

He resisted the temptation to drive over to her apartment, knowing that the best thing he could do right now was give her some space. Naruto and Itachi had advised him to do just that, but it was tearing him apart.

Were they broken up?

What was their situation exactly?

Because it certainly didn't feel like they were together anymore. If anything, he felt like he was being ignored... abandoned. There were no other words to describe the emotions he was experiencing, but honestly? He knew he deserved it. The way he had treated her in the beginning was unfair, and it was wrong of him to pry into her personal life.

Sasuke lay on his bed, staring at his phone. He had sent a few text messages, and they had all been delivered. The silver lining was that Sakura hadn't blocked him, so he knew she was at least seeing his messages.

Just when he thought things were finally getting better between them, and they could move on from the past... this happened. He had hoped that after the whole Karin situation, they could have a normal relationship... but the truth was, he didn't even know what normal meant for them.

He narrowed his eyes while going through his messages again, unsure of what else to say.

Sasuke: Hey, I'm just checking in. Are you okay?

Sasuke: I miss you, I'm sorry.

Sasuke: Please talk to me, text or call. I don't really care, just let me explain.

Sasuke chewed on his lip, contemplating his next move. He was desperate for an answer and couldn't bear the thought of losing Sakura so suddenly. Especially not when he had been denying his feelings for so long. Finally having her in his grasp, he couldn't shake the feeling that she was slipping away.

Sasuke: Are we still together?

He sounded like a total idiot. At this point, he didn't give a damn how desperate he sounded, but he needed to make things right. Not being able to see or hear from her was painful. He thought they would be together, spending time with each other after work, but that wasn't the case. Instead, he returned to his apartment feeling empty, clueless about what she was up to.

In other words... he couldn't believe he was about to say it.

He was falling head over heels for her.

Sasuke didn't quite know how to describe his feelings, but why wouldn't he be in love with her? She consumed his thoughts, made him feel secure, allowed him to be vulnerable, and most importantly... she made him want to change.

If it wasn't for her, he would still be the arrogant and sexist CEO of Uchiha Corporation. The Uchiha man who only cared about himself.

"I always mess things up," Sasuke grumbled to himself. He sat up on the bed, frustration evident as he tugged at his hair.

His eyes widened as he heard his phone buzz, excitement bubbling up as he saw that Sakura had finally replied.

But it wasn't the response he had anticipated.

Sakura: Sasuke, I need space. I don't know how long for but just until I figure things out.

He wasted no time in replying.

Fuck it if he sounded desperate.

Sasuke: What do you mean? For how long?

Sasuke: It's been days Sakura, you might as well ignore me forever.