Chapter 44 Night Out

Riley's p.o.v.

On my way to pick Demi, Sarah and Demi's cousin up. Ashley mentioned her cousin once I dont know what it was about. I hope she is nice.

'Hello' I said and putted off my sunglasses.

'Hi Riley' Demi said and climbed into the passenger seat next to me.

'So I assume you are Regan?' I asked the girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes. She wore a leather jacket and a little bit eyeliner which made her look tough. When she smiled like she did now, she was cute.

'Yes. And you are Riley, I get why Ashley wants to keep you close', she winked.

Demi stiffled her laugh and looked at my reaction while I was trying to start the car.
I didnt see that one coming. I figure Regan isnt a shy girl, she seems really confident.

'I am glad you came along' I said to Demi.

'Even when I brought my kids?'

'Your kids?'

'Watch them later. They can get along so well it scares me and when they are together and they are messing around, there is no stopping them. Yesterday we went shopping and I felt like the mother so I'm glad you are here.'

I looked in the mirror and I think I could understand where Demi was coming from. Sarah and Regan were talking and laughing most of the time.

We arrived and when we walked in it was crowded. Not too crowded luckily but you had to watch out. Before we head to the bar I said 'I am the one driving us back home but I dont want puke in my car or I will make you buy me a new one'

Sarah and Regan were more talking ad interacting with us now. We danced as a group and Demi went to the bar a couple times. When she was going for gin I asked Sarah and Regan if they have ever seen Demi drunk. They shook their heads which caused me to smile.
'We will see that tonight then', I winked.

An hour later it was karaoke time. Demi was over the edge of tipsy. It wouldnt take long or she would be drunk. Demi shouted she wanted to join. She volunteered for karaoke, she was most of the time the shy girl but drunk Demi was breaking her boundaries. Sarah and Regan were clearly enjoying this, just like me. When Demi climbed onto the stage I decided to film her for Ashley.

I just had my phone in my hand when the music started playing. I didnt know the song but the lyrics were familiar to me. So I think I heard it on the radio sometime

You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down
You, you enchant me even when you're not around
If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down
I'm latching on, babe, now I know what I have found

I feel we're close enough
Could I lock in your love?
I feel we're close enough
Could I lock in your love?

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you

'Stockholm syndrome'

To be fair, she is a really good singer. I wouldnt have guessed that for her. I tried to hold back my laughter while I was recording for Ashley. While Demi was singing she tried to dance as well but she failed. Her little dance moves couldnt be compared to her voice.

The song was over and she climbed off the stage, she almost fell.
'You were really good', I complimented.

Demi smiled but put her hands over her mouth quickly. She ran to the bathroom and I followed her, knowing what would happen next. Her hair was hanging in the toilet while Demi was waiting for the vomit to come up. That didnt take long. I hold back her hair.

'No more alcohol', she whined.

'Good call' I chuckled. My eyes were looking on the dancefloor, trying to look for Sarah and Regan. It would be the best if we took Demi home. Sudddnly Demi knudged me in the side and pointed to the left side of the dancefloor near the stage. It took a couple minutes but after I could clearly see what she meant. Regan and Sarah were kissing. They weren't making out but knowing Regan that wouldnt last long.