Chapter 14 (first) date

Demi's p.o.v.

My legs were shaking. I cant help it I was nervous. It was my first date and you never know what you can expect with Ashley.

I decided to wear my new green shirt and black shorts which suited with my black glasses.

Something inside me was hoping Ashley would wear her beanie or her leather jacket. It made her tougher when she was wearing her beanie. Whenever Im with her, I dont feel scared like I used to.

The world can be cruel you know, everywhere you go people look at you and judge you.

My doorbell rang, I wanted to open it but my mom insisted she would do it. Its crazy and a little bit scary how much she likes Ashley. And Ashley doesnt even try, sure she is polite and kind but everyone with good manners is that.

'Ashley you look stunning dear' I heard my mother say to her. I rolled my eyes and entered the room.

I was gonna say something and make fun of my mom but I cant. Ashley looked incredibly hot, she was wearing her grey beanie, her black leather jacket and a green t-shirt underneath. Almost like we were matching. But this time, she wore a necklace. It looked like a golden key, I loved it.

I liked checking her out, I notice some boys at our school who do it too. I want to say something because they cant stare at her like that. But the thing is, I cant say something about it because she isnt mine.

And I dont even know if she thinks the same way, I mean it would make sense if she does because she is the one who asked me out.

I was too far gone into my own thoughts, my eyes still didnt leave her body when I felt an arm what poked on my side.

'Demi, we know Ashley looks good but you can take your eyes off her' my mother said.

'Yes Demi, listen to your mother' Ashley laughed.

'Haha funny' I said. 'Shall we go then?'

'Take care of her' my mother said towards Ashley and hugged me.

'Dont worry I will' Ashley said to my mom but winked at me.

I have lived here for a short time so I havent seen all the places in the town yet. One of those places is the cinema.

I havent been there, not that I didnt want to but besides Ashley (if I can count her as a friend) I didnt have friends. The girls at school were nice but they already had best friends. At school I hung out with them, but thats only at school. After school Im alone.

Dont feel sorry for me, I guess you can say Im used to it because at my old school it was the same. The one I had there was Rick but since our break-up he didnt even try to contact me.

Thats why I like Ashley, whenever she is around I dont feel alone. Sometimes during lunch she invites me to sit at her table with her friends.

You could consider Ashley as popular, just like her friends Riley and Drew. Ashley doesnt seem to care about her status.

Karen is popular too but I dont like her as much as I used to, at first sight she seemed nice but those things she does to Ashley...

A pretty good example is almost raping her, who does that? I admit I was a little bit afraid of Ashley when she broke Karen's arm. But can you blame her?

The worst part was that Ashley got a punishment. And what did Karen got? Thats right, nothing. I hope she learned from her broken arm because Ashley looked pretty mad.

I felt a hand on my knee. I looked up and saw it was Ashley's. She smiled at me while driving the car and asked 'Are you okay?'

I nodded, she didnt need to worry.