Chapter 17 Used

The inside of my head was a mess. I should panic because Chloe was in front of me. I have never called or texted her back. So I guess she must be pretty mad. She looked better than the time we kissed in the bathroom. I figured she was wearing much more make-up that time.

The blond was heading into my direction and gave me a quick hug. 'Long time no see Ashley' and she gave me a peck on the lips. I was paralyzed for a moment. What was happening?

'You never called me since our kiss Ashley. Im happy I see you again'.

Chloe's blue eyes went to Demi. 'Are you her new 'hook up? I saw Ashley gave you a quick kiss on the field'.

Demi looked at me, confused. 'Ashley what is this?' she asked me.

I opened my mouth but Chloe replied for me.

'You see I had a date with Ashley, we made out in the bathroom and I gave her my number afterwards. But she didnt call or text and here I am, seeing she is hooking up with you'. Chloe turned to me and said 'you practically used me Ashley, you're a heartless bitch. I cant stand you would so the same to this nice girl. But if you're wondering, we're done Ashley'.

She turned her back to me again and said to Demi 'Sorry you had to see this but I hope you understand, good luck'.

Chloe looked at me once again and left.

Brandi, Drew, Demi and Riley stared at me. There was this awkward silence. Riley cleared her throat and said 'I see you at school Ash, we have to go'. She pulled Drew and Brandi with her.

'Thanks for attending the game' I said and saw them walking away. Which means only Demi was left right now. Normally I would like that but at this time I couldnt find the right words to explain.

Demi crossed her arms and looked at me. I think I saw a little sadness in her eyes but that was mixed with anger too.

'Ashley, please explain. When you told me you never called her, it turned out you didnt lie. But you kind of used her and hurted her. How could you do that? And how can I know you wont do the same to me?'

I have to say it was very clear what pissed Demi off. But Im not going to do the same to her, Ive never thought about that. How can I say that to her with the right words?

'First of all Demi, it was a double date. Drew forced me to go I couldnt say no to him. Demi the fact that you think Im that person who Chloe says I am, that really hurts. You are so different from others Demi, I'

Woah I almost was going to say I loved her. We just had our first date so that will be too soon. I cant tell her now what I feel for her. A part of me said maybe if I didnt Demi will be gone. I decided if I would lose her, I can always tell her what I feel. Those feelings arent going to leave.

'Demi why would I do that to you? You and I are in the same team and we are going to the same school. Would be really stupid because I would have to deal with you most of the time. And if you are mad that I kissed her, sorry but Ive kissed more girls in my life. None of them are good compared to yours. Tell me Demi, do you really think I did all these things for you to leave you at the end or I would use you? Tell me Demi, had you ever thought about that before Chloe showed up?'

My rant was finished. Maybe I was a little too hard on her but now she could see it pissed me off. I thought of all persons, Demi could see I was different and not the person people were afraid of. Karen used that image of me, so she could more popular too. I know that now, how could I be so stupid? But I know the answer I was stupid in love. Just like I am now with Demi.

Demi was speechless. I could see she was thinking of what to say to me.

'I dont know where all of this is going, I mean Ive never been with a girl. How will people respond? Is it going to work out for me? I need time to think Ashley but I want to thank you for your generosity for letting me stay over. I didnt know I would actually enjoy a date that much. That is also why Im so confused'. She gave me a small smile.