Chapter 22 Serious Business

To make the conversation more interesting Demi's mom asked me about my former girlfriends.

I stopped eating.

'Mom', Demi said.

'Its okay Demi. I have dated a few but one was serious until she cheated.'

The whole table kept silent. Nobody said a word.

'I didnt know Ashley, my apology' Demi's mother said.

I could go and leave right now but that would seem like I care and I do but they cant know.

Everyone finished their dinner and Demi decided we were going to her room.

'Im really sorry Ashley, I didnt know my mom would ask that.'

'Since we are already talking about it, once a month my family organizes a party where we have to dress up and stuff. I dont like it there and last time when you texted me, it made the night better. But to come to my point, the party is tomorrow and do you want to go with me?'

'Like a date?'

'Doesnt have to be but it could be'

'I want to be your date Ashley'

'Really? That means so much to me thank you'. I walked towards her and kissed her. 'When Im around you Im the most vulnerable, I dont know how you do it...'

'My magic powers', she chuckled and this time she kissed me. We were still standing there. I pulled her closer so the space between us was almost gone. We were just kissing each other when Regan opened the door and I saw she took a quick picture.

'Excuse me' she said and shut the door.

'Must be jealous', Demi said. 'I would be jealous of myself too'.

I laughed and kissed her again. It felt like my lips didnt want to be without hers.

-----------------------------------

Demi's p.o.v.

Ashley had gone home. We made out a little and I couldnt be happier. We finally knew where this was getting and I still couldnt call her 'mine' but after her confession, she wouldnt mind if I did.

I let Ashley out and she gave me a quick kiss. Well it was a quick kiss because I pulled away. I didnt want to make out in my front door where my parents could see us. I had to tell them I was dating Ashley.

I walked into the living room where my parents and Regan were watching a movie.

'Im sorry Demi for asking that, I had no idea..', my mom apoligized.

'She said it was fine so I guess its fine. But not to me yet', I spoke.

'It looks like this is gonna cost us money', my dad said.

'Can I be Ashley's date tomorrow for her family party?'

'Wow slow down. You and Ashley are dating?', Regan asked.

I nodded and smiled.

'Im jealous', Regan said mocking.

'Im happy for you Demi. Of course you can go. And tell Ashley if she ever needs a mom figure because her mom is busy, she can always come here. Besides Im 'almost her mother-in-law'.

I laughed and said okay mom, I will.

'So she is gonna introduce you to her family?', my dad asked.

I frowned. 'I dont know. Dont tell her I said this but Ashley once told me they dont pay attention to her so I dont think they would now.'

'Poor thing', my mom said. 'She has a good heart you know except violence is never the answer but it was sweet she hit the girl for you Demi'.