Chapter 33 Off the table

'At least he did something' were the last words Ashley said to me. After she said that, she hung up and clicked away. I tried to call her on her phone or text her but she doesnt reply.

The thought of us being over freaks me out. Even though we aren't official but we were planning on it. We cant just let that go away, can we?

According to Sarah, Ashley would have an interview in an hour. I was planning on following it live. Maybe she was going to say something about her relationship status.

I hated our argument and I hated even more that she was right. Who am I to say something about her lifestyle? If I want to be with her I shouldnt try to change her but to accept her. The thing is that I cant tell her that. She is mad at me and I hope she isnt done with me. All I can do is hope.

-------------------

'This picture Ashley, did this really happen?', the lady from the interview asked. It was the picture of Ashley and Kendall 'kissing'.

'No I can assure you that isnt true. Its the wrong angle, it just looks like it', Ashley explained.

'Earlier you didnt deny that you might have feelings for Kendall. Now you are saying it isnt true which is too bad.'

'Too bad why?', Ashley asked confused. You could see she didnt get it.

'Most people like the idea of Kendall and you together but Im afraid you will say it isnt happening'

'Not for now. But like I said Kendall is a great girl, so sweet just amazing so maybe in the future. Who knows.'

'We always have hope', the lady laughed. 'So Ashley tell me more about...' - That was the moment when I turned the TV off.

I didnt like it when Ashley said maybe in the future. Does this say she wants to be with her instead of me? I cant help but wondering. Im driving myself crazy.

I stopped worrying when I heard the mailman.

So I opened the door and looked for what he put in the mailbox. Most of the time its for my parents but I had nothing better to do than get the mail. This time I noticed there was an invitation for me between the envelopes. I walked back into the house to open it. When I did, my face lit up. It was from Ashley, I recognize her handwriting. The invitation was for the annual Billboard awards. There was a ticket in the envelope with a little card written by Ashley:

'Hi Demi, whats up? I hope not too much because Im asking you to be my date to the Billboard awards. I figured you would like it and I like you so perfect combination. I will see you and your pretty face there. Love Ashley x.'

I became a little bit sad after I realised Ashley had sended this to me days ago, we were good then. But now, is the invitation still on the table? I cant ask her, she doesnt answer me. The awardshow is in 3 days but something tells me she still wouldnt talk to me then. I should go, even if Ashley doesnt want to be my date anymore I can have fun by myself. If she is continuing this, I have to make myself happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashley's p.o.v.

'You ready Ash?', Kendall asked when our limo arrived at the place for the Billboard Awards.

I nodded and waited till the door opened. I stepped out and walked onto the red carpet. People started screaming when they saw me and Kendall arriving.

We walked inside the building, trying to ignore all those flashlights. But first we had to pose for some pictures. We are models after all and this is one of the rare occassions where Im wearing a dress. A black one this time, it matched with my eye make-up. I went for that dark and mysterious look I guess.

'I LOVE YOU TWO SO MUCH', a girl shouted. I think she is 17 or something. I dont get why people want Kendall and me together. We are just friends. Right now, Im not on a date with her, we are here as friends. Besides our other friends are here too, somewhere I dont know but we will find them later. Kendall is amazing, like I said but she isnt Demi. I could date Kendall but everytime I look at her I think you're not Demi. I miss her and it was rude of me to hung up suddenly but I was mad. I didnt give her the chance to apoligize if she wanted to. Its not that Im saying Im not mad at her anymore but I should have given her a chance.

Me and Kendall walked to our spot which was reserved for us and our friends. Speaking of them, they were already sitting there.

'ASHLEY', Riley screamed and ran towards me to hug me. Steven (Her boyfriend and I assume date for tonight) rolled his eyes and laughed.

I hugged Riley, I hadnt seen her for a long time and I really missed her. Not as much as Demi but still I missed her.

'Where is your date Ash?', Steven asked.

Riley hitted him on the shoulder but I didnt mind.

'I dont have a date', I simply said and shrugged.

Riley was about to say something but she didnt.

'What?', I asked her. 'Kendall isnt my date. I thought you knew better'

'No its just....', Riley started.

'So I guess I have to go back home then?'