Chapter 24 Promises mean nothing

My dad called me so I ran downstairs. He sounded serious. He was lucky I was already done with my make-up and my clothes. Im wearing the dress that Ashley gave me because I would be crazy if I wouldnt.

'Whats wrong dad?', I asked when I came downstairs, looking in the livingroom.

'Demi, there is a limo standing outside. I have a feeling it has something to do with your girlfriend', he said.

'I will ask if she comes in', my mom said and winked at my dad. 'I know what I would do to someone if they ever got me limo, I mean'

'Mom enough. I certainly dont want to hear that', I told her.

The doorbell rang and my mom opened it. Of course Ashley stood there. I had seen her in a dress before but she still blows my mind. She was wearing a black dress too so we would match.'Clever', I thought.

She sat down and I guess you could see our eyes were scanning our bodies the whole tine. She looked so beautiful and I would be the one who takes her to the dance.

My dad cleared his throat. I looked at him which was the first time my eyes werent looking at Ashley anymore since she walked in.

'About that, I need to talk to you Demi. Please follow me', my dad started.

I nodded and followed him into the kitchen.

'We have to talk', he said and sat down. He sounded serious.

------------

15 minutes later I walked back to the living room again where my mom and Ashley were laughing. Im glad they like each other. Its better this way.

'Mom can I take Ashley with me? She is my date for tonight'

They laughed. 'No I want to keep her', my mom said.

I looked at Ashley, my eyes begging her to go. She noticed and stood up from the couch. 'Sorry Jackie but have a great night. See you later', she said.

We waved them goodbye and a man in uniform opened the door for us. When we were inside the limo I couldnt believe my eyes. It was huge and beautiful.

'Amazing, thank you', I said out of breath.

'You deserve the best and besides which oppertunity is better than to take the limo than this time? I dont think there is', she smiled.

I smiled back and kissed her quickly. I didnt want to ruin my lipstick or hers.

'What did your dad want to talk about?', Ashley asked.

'He gave me the talk. He told me what most of the teenagers do after a school dance and since Im still a virgin...'

Ashley started laughing. 'Sorry that must have been really awkward'

'It was especially when your girlfriend is in the same house. I told him not to worry though because you know...'

Ashley just smiled and placed her hand on my leg.

Will this tension between us ever go away? Its not a bad thing but I need to control myself. A little touch from Ashley and Im weak.

During the ride Ashley offered me some champagne. Because 'according to her' whats a limo ride without it? So I accepted the offer. I didnt drink too much and I made sure Ashley didnt too since alcohol doesnt have a good influence on her.

The door opened and the same old guy with the moustache opened the door for us. We walked out of the car and I saw this red carpet right before the entrance. I saw many fancy and expensive cars so I guess that was normal for a school dance and thats probably why Ashley arranged the limo.