Chapter 31 Leaving

This wasnt taking things slow but I kind of liked it. I liked the idea of being her girlfriend again so I decided to play along.

I smiled and this time I grabbed her hand.

'Congratulations', Johanna said. 'Look how cute they are John'

'I didnt know you were gay Demi', he said.

'I didnt know either but I do know I love her so yeah', Demi smiled.

That was so sweet of her to say. I didnt know if she meant it. Because maybe she was playing a game. To see if her grandparents would approve.

We chatted for a while but Jackie eventually said it was time for us to go to bed. And for me that was time to go home. Not that I didnt want to stay over but I have a meeting tomorrow.

'Thank you for the great evening. I hope I will see you again sometime', I said and waved.

'Wait I will walk her out', Demi said to her mom.

We stood at the front door.

'So girlfriend huh?', I said.

She blushed. 'Stop. I know we are taking things slow but I hope you will eventually be my girlfriend and I didnt want to explain it to my grandparents. It would only make it more difficult. I hope you dont mind', she explained and stepped closer.

'I really hope you dont mind', she said and kissed me on the lips. She kept repeating giving me short little kisses on the lips.

'How could I ', I jokingly said and kissed back. I don't mind when she kisses me like this.

'See you tomorrow?', Demi asked.

'I have a meeting but I will call you afterwards okay'

She nodded and smiled a little. 'I had a great time Ashley thank you. I really missed you'

'And I missed you', I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

------------------

That meeting didnt go as planned. It was a good thing I promised Demi I would call her. Because not only because of the promise I would do that but also because I needed to call her. I didnt want to tell her the things I heard through the phone. I had to tell her in person.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

'Hello?', Demi asked.

'Hi, its Ashley'

'Why are you calling? Nobody calls anymore'

'Because I wanted to hear your voice', I said.

'Sweet but be serious now', she said.

'I have something to tell you. Meet me in an hour at the mall okay?'

'I have school you know', she laughed.

God I love her laugh. The sound of it made me smile.

'Then I will come to school too till you are out'

'Seriously Ashley? You know you and I dont have the same classes today right?'

'Really?'

'Yes', she laughed again.

'Text me when your last class is finished then alright?'

'Sure. See you later', she said while still laughing.

I guess it was stupid that I didnt think it through. Why would I come to school when I cant see her and when I dont have to?

---------------