"What?" I asked.

"About the whole dog frenchie thing." He said and a smiled appeared in my face.

"Yeah?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, I think it would be a good idea. We have a house and a backyard. I think it's time. Well, when I get back maybe." He said and I smiled.

"Yeah, I'll look around a little." I said and he smiled.

"Yeah?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, work is kind of slow right now. We don't have any missions to train for so I have time." I said.

"So what's up today?" He asked.

"Just got down from the air, going to write some reports." I said.

"Okay, well, good luck. I have to get going to set." He said and I smiled softly.

"Good luck, I'll talk to you tomorrow." I said and he smiled.

"I love you, byeee." He said and we blew kisses before hanging up. I walked into the break room and poured myself a cup of coffee, I felt my phone buzz and picked out from my pocket in my flight suit.

"What's up, dad?" I asked.

"Hey, are you at work?" He asked sounding a little distressed.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Suri called me from school crying, something happened with some girls or something. I'm in San Diego, it will take me at least an hour to get to school, can you please cover me?" He asked.

"On it." I said and he took a breath of relief.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He said and I chuckled.

"I did promise to lend you a hand whenever you needed, didn't I?" I said.

"Still, thank you." He said and I chuckled again.

"I'll call you afterwards." I said and we hung up. I put down my mug and walked out of the break room.

"Chief, I need to flex out." I said as I met him in the hallway.

"You have reports to do." He said.

"Yeah, I also have more overtime than anyone on this facility and I've never complained or ended a shift early before, soooo." I said and he sighed.

"Fine, go." He said and walked past me. I quickly made my way to Suri's school. I could drive this road blindfolded. Spent my entire childhood in this school. I parked the car and got out. I tied my flight suit around my waist and walked inside. As I walked through the hallways I felt the kids's eyes on me and honestly it felt good to walk these hallways in a flight suit, with confidence, having people look at me. Felt like a revenge. I walked into the administration and saw Suri sitting in a chair with her head hanging low.

"Suri, are you okay?" I asked and walked over to her and she looked up with tears running down her cheeks.

"Omg, you were at work. I'm so sorry." She apologised.

"Don't apologise, it's no worries. I'm your sister, of course I'll come." I said as I kneeled down.

"What happened?" I asked.

"They took my backpack and my books and poured yoghurts all over it. And I have a big test tomorrow and now all my notes are ruined." She said as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"And they came up to my locker and they said that I was just a publicity product and that all I am and all I'll ever be is their daughter. That I'm not cut out for anything else." She cried and I let out a sigh as I gently stroke her knee.