33: You and I - I

Chapter 33 - part I
You and I

| Chelsea's POV |

Pagkatapos ng team building / leadership conference, at outreach program, naging payapa ang student body. The head students, The Prophet's (the school journalists), the student council, and everyone else who attended the tree planting event were all in unison.

"Thank you everyone for coming here today," masayang sabi ko. Hindi ko napag-handaan ang biglaang speech na ito pero ayos lang na gawin ko 'to. Lalo na't kinantahan nila ako, at ang iba pang Corinthians na January and February birthday celebrants ng happy birthday song. I feel so happy!

"In the past months, Corinthians lang ang uma-attend sa outreach program. Ngayon, halos buong student body and school staffs na ang nandito. It made me think that Empyrean Academy is really an elite school," natawa sila sa sinabi ko kaya napangiti ako.

The inside joke among us students about Empyrean Academy being a "so-called" elite school never fails to make us laugh bitterly. Only us, who goes in our school, uses this joke as our defense mechanism towards our struggles as EAians.

"To our juniors, I hope that you will continue this tradition to revive the name and honor of our school," I added before ending the mini speech.

Those are heavy words to leave with our juniors but I don't want to back out now that we already established change. When I read the Empyrean Academy history, I learned that my great grandfather actually loves to do outreach programs. He said, "this is something that elite school should teach its students... to have more is to give more."

I really hope that our juniors will continue the outreach program tradition to give back what they have.

This day was a great event, until Sean, admitted that he is Yohan... my chatmate.

At first, of course, I was confused, mad, and devastated. How can he hide this from me?

Sean explained that he was just afraid when I'll finally see the real him if it's revealed. That's something I didn't catch. Why is he afraid that I'll get to know him? Isn't that the purpose of our "ligaw" stage? To get to know each other. So why is he like that? Does he not like me that much?

I was a bit insecure in how much Sean likes me, to the point I isolated myself from him. My ears don't want to listen more since my heart became heavy that day.

School week started and I decided to ignore him again.

"Congrats Mr. Top 1!" rinig kong bati ng mga taga-Romans kay Sean habang nasa pila kami. Oo nga pala, nilabas na ang grades namin for 3rd quarter noong Friday.

Nasa seminar pa kami noon kaya hindi ko agad nakita grades ko. Tita Hera went to get my card when I got home from the seminar,  she congratulated me for maintaining my grades. I'm still rank third in our section.

"Thanks," Sean told them with a small nod and smile.

Sean and I met gazes while lining up but I immediately looked away.

Don't get me wrong, I want to congratulate him. But why is he not talking to me in the first place? Dapat lapitan niya ako para mag-explain siya. Noong Outreach program, halos gusto niya akong makinig sa paliwanag niya. Pero ngayon, bakit niya ako iniiwasan? He should be the one who's miserable and wants to talk to me first. Argh, I don't get him! Maybe, Sean really doesn't like me at all.

We continued not talking to each other in the next days at school.

But to be honest, I can't stay mad at Sean. I just didn't know how to approach him first to tell my honest thoughts. That's why I keep myself busy with student council works. We have been working for the Valentine's day celebration that's why I was able to ignore Sean.