24: Dauntless Protector - I

trigger warning: young love and kissing scenes of minors.

this is fictional, but some actions are really happening around us in person. let us have an open mind from these kind of scenes in this book. thank you! <3

Chapter 24 - Part I
The Dauntless Protector

| Vincent, the dauntless |

My very first meeting with Chelsea was when I ran an errand at the mall. That time I didn't know she was my childhood friend, so I considered it as our first meet.

Today, I was thinking about buying a video game that me and my siblings wanted to try.  I was amazed when I found that video game, it's the last one! Bagong labas ito at sikat kaya malamang ay paubusan ang stock.

"Maganda siguro yan."

I was intrigued by the soft voice so I checked her out. When our eyes met, her familiar round and bright eyes made me pause for a while. When did I saw her? Is this the first time? She looks familiar! Or I was just imagining things? Hmm? She must be an angel, guarding me.

She has this silky black hair, with an outgrown bangs. It makes me want to brush her hair using my fingers. Her lips are small and pinkish--- I suddenly looked away before my imagination will get ahead of me.

"Yeah I think so," tumango-tango ako at tinignan ko na lang ulit ang video game para i-distract ang sarili ko. Naramdaman kong nakatingin siya sa akin. Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi ako makagalaw. Parang nawala angas at tapang ko na landiin siya.

I always make a move to the girl I like even though it's our first meeting. Kaaga ko nga nagka-girlfriend eh, Grade 5 yata o Grade 6? I forgot. Muntik na akong napa-iling dahil sa mga kalandian kong bumalik bigla sa utak ko.

I need to focus first on my goal. Sean is sick and can't go to the mall to buy this. Sera, our younger sister, wants to play with us. So, I'm surely gonna buy this for our entertainment. But wait... how do I explain this to Sean?

Scenario 1: "Hey Sean, I bought the game we both wanted to try, that'll cost you double for not getting your @ss up. You're welcome." Wait! That's a bit harsh to someone who's sick. 

Scenario 2: "Hey Sean, wag ka na magsalita, laro na lang tayo. Noob!" sabay hagis nito sa kanya--- Teka I sounded like Daixon! Hayst bahala na nga.

I looked again at the girl beside me but she was gone. What the! Why did she left so soon? Bakit hindi ko naramdaman? Fck! Is she really an angel?!

I hurriedly looked around and I saw her at the counter. Hooh! Thank God she's real.

I still wanted to ask her if we've met before, but she's probably gonna think that I'm a flirt. Which I am, by the way. So, I'm gonna go get her number.

When I got at the counter she was about to leave. I couldn't speak to her because she seemed mad about something. Her brows are furrowed when our eyes met again. What happened? Why does she seem so upset? Anong ginawa ko? Hala!

"Kilala niyo po siya sir?" tanong ng babae sa counter na nakangiti. Siguro naweirdohan siya kasi sinundan ko ng tingin ang babae kanina.

"Hindi po miss, nagandahan lang ako sa kanya," I told her and smiled. I handed her my money, then she chuckled.

"Ganon pala type mo sir! Ang simple naman!" sabi pa ni ate na para bang ininsulto niya ako o yung babaeng maganda. I just smiled because I'm nice and patient. Like come on, hurry up, my angel's gonna disappear again.

"Thank you," sabi ko na lamang nang mabigay na sa wakas ang paper bag at sukli ko.

"And ate, that girl looks like an angel," dagdag ko pa habang nakangiti. Mukha siyang nagulat dahil natameme ito at napanganga. Yup, I called her ate, what about it? She's older than me.