18. Immortality curse

Start from the beginning

My mind then spoke, dear scaramouche! It's not helping, go get a doctor for the sake of God! Can this embarrassing moment just end? If death has come upon me i would've embraced it entirely rather than experiencing chaos eversince i set foot on watatsumi island.

I wondered, where did this bad luck come from! I once happen to come a cross a boy at ritou who claimed to missed his chance to get a ship back to his homeland, mondstadt, several times. I believe he went by a name Bennett and probably still lives in ritou due to his unsuccessful attempt of leaving inazuma.

Everytime i feel unlucky, that dude come up in my mind and i began praying that I'm not that failure in life and luck. After all it's not as bad as him.

"RACHEL"

He called the lady in the waiting assigned to assist me and she answered quickly "yes your highness." Then opened the door calmly and bowed to him.

Hmm, even with my eyes closed i could predict that.

She took a step back at the sight of me suffering from pain while scara was holding me in his arms, she frightened a bit but questioned my situation "is the lady y/n alright?"

"Go get kokomi right away!" Scaramouche ordered and she followed his instructions. He was still holding me in his arms trying to calm me down saying it is a common disease while i could feel he was lying about this just by his heartbeat. It was beating fast and i sensed it on me since he was holding me close to his chest.

"Y/N please don't cry, it'll going to hurt even more." I'm trying so hard not to cry when my mind has gone crazy with bullshit it just made up so it can distract me. He hushed me like a little restless child, but the way it hurt was worse than being calmed like this. I never blamed him anyways, at least he was doing what he thought was necessary and dearly appreciated it.

He slowly got close to my wet cheek which was caused by my unstoppable tears and left a gentle yet warm kiss. For a moment i forgot all the pain i had and felt lost in his embrace, is this the scaramouche i know? The quick to anger? The prideful crown archon? The maniac who failed to kill me each time?

He stayed quiet, furthermore kokomi opened the door and approached us at a corner immediately. "What's wrong?"

"Put her to sleep right now!" Scaramouche ordered.

"What?"

WHAT?

"I TOLD YOU TO USE YOUR POWER AND PUT HER INTO SLEEP BEFORE SHE SUFFERS MORE!"

HE GOT A POINT SO I'LL LET IT SLIDE ONCE I WOKE UP And also he was shouting at kokomi, the exact quick to anger boy i know. I wasn't wrong.

Kokomi nodded. She put the palm of her hand on my forehead and whispered something i couldn't quite catch. Before i knew it my conscience brain felt more dizzy and my soul left my body to sleep soundly but fortunately without a pain this time.

♤♡◇♧

"What in the world just happened to her?" Kokomi demanded an answer with an utterly worried expression on her face.

Scaramouche sighed "why did i call you here for if i knew how to heal her?" He then explained properly "its an eye disease that was once healed by the watatsumi's priest."

The pink haired girl was confused more, she didn't properly understand what he was even talking about. In her entire life she never heard someone mention that before. "What's with that look?" The crown archon examined the bewildered woman infront of her.

"I think i understand now, it's a ritual for a disease caused by the curse of immortality, right?"

"Yeah I've been through it ages ago too by your ancestors. Just do it and release her soul from this pain." He said and put my unconscious body on his bed. Looking at me woth worried eyes in my sleep, feeling regretful for not being able to do anything himself.