Feels Good

Authors note:
I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I've been on a trip to London and had little time to write. 🖤
Though I don't have many readers for this story, I'm grateful for each one of you. I hope you're enjoying the story. Much love to all of you! :)

~

"Bloody hell, what happened to you two?" Polly smirked, glancing up from her newspapers as the couple stood in the doorway, adorned head to toe in mud.

Tommy shot his aunt a smug grin, sidestepping her question as he kicked off his dirt-caked shoes. Anna, already holding her heels, found walking barefoot as a simpler alternative to sliding through the muck with every step. She placed them gently on the floor next to Tommy's, smiling awkwardly at Polly who watched them with amused grin.

"Mind your own business, Pol" Tommy called over his shoulder as they headed toward a bathroom.

Waving him off, Polly returned to her newspapers, a faint smirk lingering on her face.

"That was embarrassing," Anna blushed, settling on the edge of the tub and rubbing her face in shame.

Tommy sauntered toward her, leaning dangerously close, a playful smirk reflected in his eyes. Instinctively, Anna shut her eyes, anticipating a kiss, only to quickly reopen them at the sound of running water as he turned on the tap, causing her to scoff.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed for" he whispered, kissing her cheek before heading towards a door to lock it and secure their privacy.

Anna's eyes tracked his every move attentively, observing as he turned back and began undressing. The idea of him staying to share a bath took her by surprise.

Slowly, he unbuttoned his shirt, letting it fall to the floor. His pants followed suit, and then his white briefs. Tommy stood there completely naked, his expression as composed as ever, his piercing blue eyes fixed on her. Yet, she couldn't bring herself to hold his gaze.

Her gaze traveled lower and lower, unable to conceal the blush on her cheeks, her breath mirroring her racing heart. Thomas Shelby, naked – she couldn't believe her eyes. Despite the bruises and scars, she marveled at his beauty. Perfect, she thought.

Clearing his throat, he redirected her attention to his face, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" she asked, frowning in confusion, masking her embarrassment.

He nodded towards her clothes, and she understood immediately.

Shyly, she began to undress, her skin burning under his intense gaze.

"Can you stop staring?" she yelped, rolling her eyes.

A corners of his lips jerked again, but he pushed them down, "so only you can stare, eh?"

"Fine, stare" she barked, kicking her skirt down angrily.

Tommy couldn't help but smile; it was unlike him to do so. She brought out his old self, and he loved that. The freedom and calmness she offered was something new.

Walking closer, he kneeled down, helping her remove her stockings one by one. Anna couldn't stay mad at him for too long, her gaze fixated on his soft lips as he slid his tongue across them, focusing on the task at hand.

When he finished, he stood up swiftly, taking her hand in his and guiding her into the tub. Once she was settled, he joined her, sliding behind and enveloping her thin body with his legs and arms.

The hot water felt like a warm hug to both of them, warming up their freezing bodies. It didn't take long to water to turn black from all the mud they brought with them.