Don't Look

Atumn lifted her heavy head to see Ada and Polly standing not far away talking to Tommy

Atumn lifted her heavy head to see Ada and Polly standing not far away talking to Tommy. It looked like a heated exchange, Tommy, eyes wide and hands gesturing wildly, seemed engrossed in their conversation.

All she could hear were muted voices and the thumping music, pulsating through her head like a relentless drum. She wanted to keep watching, read their lips, find out what they're talking about but tiredness was stronger, taking her back down to the table.

A pair of cold hands roused her from her drowsy state. Tilting her head on the table, she saw Tommy standing beside her, his gaze piercing hers sternly.

"We should go," he commanded through gritted teeth, watching her sprawled on the table, battling intoxication.

"Hmmm," she mumbled against the table, raising her hand for him to grasp and help her up.

Tommy sighed, clearly annoyed, yanking her out of her seat. Her legs, wobbly and weak, couldn't support her, and she stumbled immediately, falling into his arms. It took everything in Tommy not to roll his eyes as he wrapped his arms around her, carrying her out of the mansion.

"Slow down" she muttered, struggling to keep pace with his brisk steps. Tommy grunted in annoyance but begrudgingly slowed down, eager to escape the confines of the wedding.

"You better not vomit in my car" Tommy hissed, slamming the door behind a drunk Autumn who struggled to keep her head from falling. He took a deep breath, staring into the night sky in an attempt to calm down. The cold night air fell short, so he pulled out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, carefully selecting one. Rubbing it against his lips before lighting up. He took a deep drag, smoke filling up his lungs.
Eyes shut, a sense of relief spread across his chest.

Once he deemed it safe, he walked around, settling into his seat and grabbing the wheel instantly. He took a moment before glancing her way.

Autumn was curled up in her seat, her eyes closed. She wasn't sleeping, she was fighting to stay alive.

Before he knew, he grabbed her shoulders, "who the fuck are you?" he shouted, shaking her, his temper flaring, something he had tried to avoid.

"Tommy," she muttered, raising a hand, imploring him to stop. "Please stop, please," she pleaded, throwing her head back against the seat.

Tommy felt a glimpse of guilt inside for scaring her like that.A woman that has killed someone. Was he next? Is she there to kill him?
Paranoia swirled in his mind, but he knew he couldn't act impulsively. He needed answers. Pushing back his anger, he took control, starting the car and driving, determined to uncover the truth.

"Tommy, pull over!" Autumn screamed, causing him to jerk the wheel violently, his heart racing at the sudden outburst.

"Fuck! Don't do that ever again," he shouted, frustration written all over his face as he pulled over to the side of the road.