Calm Your Tits

"Good night, Mrs. Shelby," Tommy whispered in Anna's ear, his warm breath sending shivers down her spine as he pulled her closer.

"Not yet" she giggled, pushing her back even closer to his chest.

Tommy tightened his arms around her body, burying his face in her soft hair.

"Goodnight Mr. Shelby" she mumbled tiredly.

A smile played on his lips as he inhaled the comforting scent of her, and with a deep breath, he closed his heavy eyes, prepared to embrace a restful sleep. Sleeping soundly had been an unfamiliar luxury for him until he met her.

A few minutes has passed by and Anna couldn't will herself to sleep.

"Tommy" she whispered, hoping he's not sleeping yet.

Tommy grunted in reply, his voice heavy with drowsiness. The weight of guilt filled Anna's chests and she decided to let him rest.

"What it is, darling?" he mumbled almost unrecognizable in his sleepy voice, his eyes still closed.

Darling? It caught Anna off guard, causing her heart to burst with overwhelming emotions. Tommy had never used such sweet names before, and it painted a picture of a side of him she had never imagined. A grin spread across her face, realizing that this wasn't the same Tommy she first met.

Ready to reply, Anna heard a gentle snore escaping Tommy's lips, indicating he was still lost in sleep, unaware of what he's saying. Knowing that Tommy, in his senses, would never call her that, found the situation both amusing and heartwarming. Somewhere deep down, Tommy was a soft, loving man.

She muffled her laughter with her hand at his snoring, but her body betrayed her, shaking with every suppressed chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Tommy muttered in a raspy, sleepy voice, yawning as he pulled his arm from underneath her to rub his eyes.

"You snore" Anna chuckled, turning to face him.

In the dim light filtering through the window from the moon, he was beautiful. His hair tousled, sleepy blue eyes glistening, wearing an innocent expression of confusion. Still half-asleep, laying on his back and watching Anna chuckle beside him.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he muttered, a raised eyebrow accompanying his low voice. His lips curled into a gentle smile.

Anna's face changed in a second, the traces of laughter disappearing. In its place, a worry painted her expression. Tommy's expression mirrored hers, his smile slowly fading as concern crept into his gaze.

"What's wrong?" he pushed himself up on his elbows and leaned against a headboard, his eyes not sliding off her.

Rolling onto her belly, she rested her chin against her hands, staring back at him with a weary expression. A deep sigh escaped her lips.

Tommy stretched his arm toward her cheek, stroking it gently. "Tell me," he whispered, watching her close her eyes under his touch.

"I'm thinking about tomorrow," she sighed once again, opening her eyes to meet his gaze slowly.

"We're Peaky Blinders, Anna. They'll be dead before they even realize it," Tommy continued, his voice low and raspy.

Anna closed her eyes again, absorbing his words. Killing. It was going to be a part of her life now, something she had been running from her entire life.

"I know, that's not what I'm worried about" she pushed herslef up on her knees, sliding closer towards him.

"What is it then?" Tommy wrinkled his forehead in confusion, adjusting his position as he watched her. She sat on her knees, maintaining a close distance from him.