Hey Tom

Tuesday. A beautiful day, flooded by sunshine and warmth. Such a lovely day. But for Anna, her world was falling apart. As she entered the surgery room, a cold, heavy air surrounded her, her sorrow clouding and masking everything, enveloping her completely.

"Tommy," she whispered under her breath as she approached the bloody bed in the midst of chaos.

There he was, lying peacefully, his whole body covered in blood-his legs, his arms, his chest, his face. There wasn't a clean spot on his figure. A huge pool of blood surrounded his bed, drops of it still dripping down from the white sheet covering him.

Not caring if she stepped into the blood, she took one last shaky step, cringing at the sight of him. Her heart fought to fly out of her chest. All she heard was ringing in her ears and distant screams she couldn't focus on.

"Anna!" Johnny called as he ran towards her.

But Anna couldn't hear; walls were closing in on her, and the ringing in her ears was getting louder with every heartbeat.

"Love, listen to me." Johnny grabbed her arm, trying to pull her back into reality, but reality was what she tried to escape from.

"Anna!" he screamed once again, but there was no response.

Johnny turned to the doctors standing in the corner of the room, his face filled with panic. "Get her out of here! Quick!"

Without a word, two doctors hurried towards them, each grabbing one of her arms, ready to pull her out. But the moment they touched her, Anna felt the walls closing in, weighing her down, the blood drowning her, sinking into her pores and then darkness.

1 year later

"Anna, you need to focus," Harry sighed as he bent down to pick up a shattered glass from the floor.

"I'm sorry, Harry," she uttered, her voice full of disappointment as she joined him in cleaning up the mess she had made.

She had lost count of how many glasses or bottles she had dropped in the last couple of months, or how many mistakes she had made, but working kept her from losing her sanity, and Harry understood her. That's why he let her continue working even if she caused more damage than good to his business.

"Maybe you should take a break, go home, read a book, and rest," Harry suggested, a concern evident in his brown eyes.

With a big sigh, she settled on the dirty floor of the pub, her fingers playing with the pieces of glass.

"Hey," Harry said, stroking a piece of hair off her face, "I know it's hard, but you need to let yourself mourn."

Avoiding his piercing gaze, she nodded, pushing back the tears.

"Good, now get up," he said, clapping his hands, encouraging her to rise.

Grunting, she pushed herself up and gave him a subtle smile, but the smile didn't reach her red, tired eyes.

"Thank you for everything, Harry," she choked out, focusing on her breathing, not allowing the tears to escape.

"Shut up and go home," he said, smiling and patting her shoulder.

Anna left the pub, her heart heavy with sorrow, her steps slow and burdened. She could barely hold back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. The night air was cool, but it offered her no comfort. She hopped into a car and instructed the driver to take her home.

As the car pulled away from the curb, Anna sat in the backseat, gazing out the window at the passing cityscape. The streetlights blurred into streaks of gold, matching the tears that streaked silently down her cheeks.

Memories flooded her mind, memories of happier times, memories of Tommy. She hugged herself tightly, trying to hold the pieces of her broken heart together. She wanted to scream, to cry out in anguish, but instead, she cried silently, the tears falling like raindrops on the window beside her.

Finally, the car pulled up in front of Arrow House. Anna wiped her tears away, took a deep breath, and stepped out onto the pavement, making her way up the path to the front door.

As she entered the house, the emptiness of the rooms echoed the emptiness in her heart. She climbed the stairs to her room, the weight of her grief pressing down on her with every step. Collapsing onto her bed, she allowed herself to finally let go, to cry out all the pain and sadness that had been building inside her.

Suddenly, she felt a warm presence beside her. She looked up to see her dog, jumping onto the bed. He nuzzled close to her, licking away her tears, as if trying to comfort her in his own way.

Anna let out a small, broken laugh, her hand finding its way to Tommy's head, stroking his fur. "Hey, Tom," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion.

Tommy continued to nuzzle and lick her face. Anna wrapped her arms around him, holding him close, as they lay together on the bed, feeling her eyes getting heavier and heavier.

_______________________________________

Hello guys :)

I hope you're enjoying this book so far, it may be too depressing, but it doesn't have to be an end to Anna and Tommy's story.

Would you like me to continue this book?

I love you all dearly, thank you for reading 🖤