Are You A Prostitute?

Autumn is sitting in her new kitchen with Johnny sat across her in complete silence. Lost in their own thoughts. The weight of recent events slowly sinking in, and neither of them is ready to confront the reality they're facing.

Thomas Shelby. Gang leader, robber, a murderer. A man feared by everyone here in Birmingham. War hero. Angry, aggressive, cold but incredibly smart and calculated. Smart enough to to anticipate your next move before you conceive it. Careful, reserved, not trusting.

Words of a mysterious man are echoing through Autumn's head. Thomas Shelby is a man she's supposed to charm with her looks and personality. Something she wasn't really good at. Flirting was not her strongest suit, and the challenge of winning over someone like him seems impossible to her.

"What are we going to do Autumn" Johnny sighed, already knowing the answer. Autumn would do what she had to do in order to save his life. That's how she is. Brave and caring, ready to die for the ones she loves. Johnny can't help but blame himself; it was his suggestion to live in Small Heath, his decision to bring her into the streets ruled by infamous Peaky Blinders a ruthless and dangerous gang with razorblades sewn into their caps.

"Johnny" she whispered, reaching across the table to grab his hand, "we'll get through it. Our love is stronger than this," she continued, tightening her grip on his hand. Johnny turned his head in effort to hide the tears gathering in his eyes, not wanting to let his vulnerability show. This was the situation he couldn't get them out of with his positive attitude and he hated himself for it.

Thomas Shelby will make his research on you. Be ready. Johnny needs to leave. You're a young woman who's just moved to Small Heat. You work as a bookkeeper for the Garrison pub. A place where his gang spends a lot of time.

Autumn shaked her head in attempt to shake away all the thoughts running through her head. She knew today is the last day they're spending in their new home together with Johhny.

~

Autumn gazed at the hallway cluttered with baggage, Johnny's entire life condensed into a stack of bags. Her stomach tightened with sadness and despair, tears welling in her eyes. That's it. He's leaving.

One last kiss and he's gone, heading to a nearest hotel. Hiding like a felon in the shadows of a Small Heat.

As soon as he stepped out of the house, a phone ringed, scaring Autumn to death. After a minute of shock, she ran to answer it quickly, wondering who it might be.

"Hello?" her voice quivering.

"Good job Mrs. Thompson, tomorrow morning we can start with our plan" a familiar voice from the pub echoes through the phone.

"Are you following me?" Autumn yelped with a knot in her throat.

"Good night Mrs Thompson" and with that he hangs a phone, leaving Autumn standing there - speechless, scared, and profoundly alone.

~

Under the heavy morning rain, Autumn is making her way through the soaked streets of Small Heat to the infamous Garrison pub. Her long coat wrapped tightly around her body completely soaked, not protecting her against a cold weather. With her makeup smudged by a rain and wet hair, she swiftly glides into the pub, only to crash into a man as soaked as herself. Drops trickle down his dark brown hair, his bright blue eyes not looking at her as he's leaving a pub, clearly agitated.

"Watch it!" he hissed before disappearing into a mist of rain.

Autumn ignored his rudeness, it was obvious that people in Small Heat didn't have any manners. She shrugged it off quickly and scanned the room for Harry, the person she was supposed to meet. It didn't take her long to find him polishing a glasses behind a bar.