No More Gin For You

Tommy's head throbbed with all the informations

Tommy's head throbbed with all the informations. Doubts clouded his thoughts. Was she speaking the truth? Perhaps Polly's intuition was correct, she could be escaping from something, or someone. The haunting image of her wounded face lingered in his mind. "Are you a prostitute?" Why did he have to ask that stupid question.

For the first time in ages, Tommy Shelby was not thinking clearly.

"Maria Thompson, look her up" Tommy barks at John, who's standing in a doorway of his office, watching Tommy smoke nervously while going through a pile of papers on his desk.

"Alright, boss" John rolls his eyes at Tommy's bossy attitude and with a nod, he's leaving to unravel the threads of Maria Thompson's story.

As soon as John disappeared, Tommy let out a frustrated groan, burying his head in his palms.

~

Autumn couldn't shake off the apprehension lingering from Tommy's unexpected visit. She could feel her stomach turning up and it was too late to stop it. She emptied her stress into a nearest sink. Meeting her distressed reflection in a mirror as she looked up from a sink, she felt another wave of sickness overwhelming her. Her dark hair falling down her face as she grasped a sink. How could her life get to this point?

But Autumn had no time for self-pity. The life of a man who had always been there for her hung in the balance.

Taking a steadying breath, she straightened up, determined to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

It was still early for her work, but she couldn't bear staying any longer in this prison she used to call home. Every corner echoed with memories of Johnny and the happy future they had dreamed of together.

It's funny how quickly things can change.

After a long bath, reading a book, tidying up the kitchen and getting dressed up, she checked the time but the day seemed endless. In an attempt to escape from her troubles, she decided to head to work early and contemplate her next steps over a glass of gin.

Soon, she entered a familiar pub that no longer seemed as intimidating. Autumn found solace in its familiar atmosphere; she'd rather spend her time here than in her own house.

"Autumn, you're early!" Harry shouted as she walked towards the bar, exhaustion evident on her face. Harry sensed her mood, but before he could say anything, a phone rang, diverting their attention to the back of the pub. Raising an eyebrow at her, Harry walked toward the phone to answer it.

"Hello?" he calls,

"Sure, yes she's here" he's saying, nodding at Autumn nervously. It's them. She thought and walked to take over a phone.