Fourty Four

Tara's POV

My favourite birthdays have been the ones I have spent with Mckenzie. He made it a mission to make my day full of smiles and happiness.

Even though we had our issues, I could not ruin his birthday. It was 25. And for a 25 year old, Mckenzie has achieved a hell of a lot. He is the youngest surgeon in 1000 mile radius.

Mckenzie was a great husband and I know he would do anything for me. He loved me and adored me. Just like he was my centre of attention, so was I.

It was absolutely heart breaking to leave Amelia with Izzy for the weekend. A whole weekend away without her sounded like torture. I felt like my ambical cord was still attached to her. I hated leaving her..

"She will be fine." Izzy says to me as she came to pick up Amelia. As we returned she was going away for Christmas herself.

"I know she will." I say as I kiss Amelia again before Mckenzie takes her off me. I stand by the door hugging my coat tight given the cold weather. Mckenzie kisses Amelia making her giggle before putting her in the car seat in Izzy's car. "Have a great time." She says as he walks over kissing Madz who sat in the other car seat.

"Thanks again Izzy." I say hugging her. She walks over and hugs Mckenzie. "Happy birthday. Gosh. Im fucking old." She says. "Me plus 14. You do the math." He says and she chuckles pushing him away. "Bye mom." He says running back inside.

"Thank God its going to be warm in Vegas." He says as he closes the big door.

"Its still winter? Just no snow." I say. "What?" He says. "Surely not. Its like -30 here. There lowest is our spring."

"Whatever genius. Ready to go?" I ask him. By time we get there its technically his birthday." He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder twirling me around making me scream.

"Okay okay no sarcasm." I laugh as he puts me down and kisses my lips. I felt motion sickness from all the movement. "Okay bags are packed and in the car." He says

"Cool. Lets go." I say as I check my phone. I have a big surprise for Mckenzie first because I would not be able to keep it in. As we arrive, we get in to the jet and I watch Mckenzie's reaction. I asked the staff to load it with his favourite snacks and dinner.  He smiles and looks at me.

"I feel special already." He says as he sits down and I sit next to him. "Love chicken vodka pasta and lamb chops" he says and I laugh. It wasnt served yet, he was reading a menu prepared.

It was a 6 hour flight so I had worn black sweats, and matching hoodie. I kick off my airforces and put my feet onto my chair.

"You loveeeee lamb chops." I say. The staff bring us dinner and I watch a happy Mckenzie eat his dinner whilst we watch a movie. I loved it too and ate my plate finishing before him. I get seconds and Mckenzie laughs at me. "So. You love it too maybe even more than me?"

"Maybe I love it because you love it that much?" I ask him. "Rubbing off on me?"

"I do lots of rubbing off on you." He smirks making me laugh. "Youre so nasty." I tell him as I wipe my fingers with the wipe. "Oh please... you are equally nasty. Maybe more?"

"Shut up." I laugh. "Its my birthday?" He says. "I get whatever I want?"

"You always get whatever you want." I tell him.

"True." He nods. They clear out the plates and I put my legs over his lap. . "Im grateful for another year of your life spent with me." I tell him. His hand on my thigh, he just looks at me.

"I became a father this year. My greatest and most amazing gift you could ever give me." He says and I smile. "I could cry right now how cute. Seriously though... You are my biggest blessing and best friend and soul mate. I love you so much I could burst sometimes."