Twenty Two

Mckenzie's POV

"A night without work.. nappies or baby milk." I say as Tara put her earrings in. I sat on the bed with Mads. She was laying on the bed giggling everytime I made funny noises at her kissing her belly as she laughed so much.

"I know. Its been crazy." I say looking at Tara. She sprayed herself with her perfume making it smell like home.

"You look so fucking good." I tell her. She had red silky small dress and matching lips. Her hair falling down behind her shoulders.

"Stop swearing." She says looking at me with a smile. "What? My wife is literally a model. Its not just me who is obsessed with your looks."

"Shut up." She says as she laughs leaning in kissing my lips. I check my phone and see my grandmother appear. I open the gate for her. Tanya was babysitting for the night. I was taking Tara for dinner and then going to Toby and Omar's party. We was gonna go afterwards to a nice hotel and I was going to be in my wife for the whole night. We have suffered with a baby here and work has been insane.

I pick up Mads and take her down opening the front door.

"Hello!" Tanya says. "God. You guys look so good." She says looking at us. Tanya was my father's mother and the only health care professional in this family. She was a nurse and she was a bad ass at her job. Ive spent an evening in the hospital one time with her as a 12 year old when she was babysitting but had an emergency.

I wore a black suit without the tie. My white buttoned up shirt was open a little. "Thanks grams." I say kissing her cheek. She hugs Tara and takes Mads from me.

"Shes so adorable I cant deal." She says. "Thank God its not your child. I cant be a great grandmother Kenz. I cant do it. Im too young."

"Maybe if you didnt have my dad at 15 and he didnt have me at 14, we would not have this issue?" I tease her and she laughs.

"For now settle with my baby sister, I appreciate this." I tell her.

"You guys get going. Your car is here." She says as I nod. "Me and Madeleine will be all good."

Mads starts crying and reaching out for me breaking my heart. She didnt know Tanya that well. She has gotten used to Serena and my dad and siblings. She starts crying insanely and Tara freezes.

"Its okay honey. Rip the bandaid off." Tanya says as she ushers out of the house.

"My heart hurts."

"Me too." I say as I open the car door for Tara before I walk around getting in. I wanted to get drunk as fuck tonight hence the car service.

"Whats up Jo." I say to our driver. He was on payroll as one of our many drivers to the D'amelio's. All of us just drove ourselves usually. We have some small

"Oh my God Kenz, I am so sad." Tara says as she sighed.

"She will be OK." I say as I sigh holding her hand. That dampered our mood.

We get to dinner and I lead Tara into the restaurants. We sit down and Tara was still in her thoughts. I see Tanya's message where she sent a picture of Mads smiling. I show Tara who smiles.

"Now I am ok." She says and I chuckle.

"Were fucked when we have our own kids." I say and she chuckles. "How could I ever leave them? Id opt to quit my job Kenz." She says and I laugh. "One little cry I would return."

"My mom used to cry with me when I was a kid and she had to go to school."

"School." Tara chuckles. "So funny how she was in high school and you remember that."