Twenty Four

Mckenzie's POV

"Suzie." Tara says as she opened her suitcase looking into it. I asked Suzie to send her outfits and styles for the premiere. Gemma had flown in too and was coming up to the hotel. She was Tara's assistant. Her manager Emily was already attending the premiere. Suzie even got me a few outfits to wear that Tara could choose from.

No way I was going to let Tara miss her first ever premiere for a trip ive planned months ago. Her face was plastered all over billboards. It was a huge fucking deal. Having a netflix deal was big. She went and shot the show and it was streaming on Netflix. I was so proud of her and I wanted her to know her achievements needed to be celebrated. She was my number one supporter.

"Hi!" Gemma says appearing as I open the door.

"Hey Gemma." I say letting her in.

"Was she surprised?"

"Yes." I say and she smiles clapping her hands. "Oh lets get to work." Another lady and a man follow her in greeting me carrying bags and bags and balloons. It was Harris and Ivy. This was generally the team around Tara for when she was at events. They did hair and make up and Tara classed them as her friends. They were even at the wedding.

"Gemma! So you're now on Mckenzie's side? How could you hide this from me? I thought we had loyalties." Tara says hugging Gemma.

"First of all happy birthday." Gemma says laughing. She hugs the rest then looks at me as I lean against the door frame of the bedroom door.

Harris has light up candles they got out and put them on a cake before we all sang happy birthday to Tara who hid her face in my hoodie she had on.

We came straight from the airport. I slept all the way here on the plane. Had a terrible ending to my shift but I couldn't ruin the mood for Tara. Had to keep it together and deal with it by myself. I know people die in hospitals all the time but I thought id be easier when you try to save someones life and it doesnt plan out that way. Then telling the family they lost their loved ones changing the course of the rest of their lives is heart breaking and the worst thing about my job.

The worst is when you got to know what a wonderful person the patient was once they arrived.

"I'll be back." I tell Tara kissing her lips before I head out watching my phone ring.

"Yo." I say answering.

"Were in the lobby." My dad says. "Okay Im coming down." I tell him.

I jog downstairs the hotel and find the large number of people in the lobby that were related to me.

"Hello." I say seeing Serena and my dad, my siblings Toby, Remy and Leo and my uncle and Aunt Ace and Adele with Storm and Stassie. Chanel appeared behind my dad and hugged me first.

"Kenz. This is the cutest thing ever." She says.

"She does not know any of you are here."

"Would she not have guessed? Shes at all my games? The support goes both ways." Toby says and I roll my eyes. "She doesnt know." I repeat.

"Did you invite her parents?" My dad asks and I nod.

"They declined." I say and he just nods as Serena rolls her eyes.

"I need you to be on your best behaviours. No fighting. No arguing. No girls." I say looking at Toby and Remy. "No sly comments." I look at Storm. "I dont need to no bickering between you two." I tell Ace and Adele. "And I surely do not need any suggestions." I tell Serena who rolled her eyes. "Thanks for coming I love you guys loads." I end with a smile.