Twelve.

Tara's POV

I rush through the doors of the hospital. Mckenzie told me to just come when I finished but I really struggled to focus on anything but Mckenzie and Izzy.

Mckenzie was my husband- still weird to say this as he has been my best friend and boyfriend forever basically- but Izzy and the D'amelio's were family. More than my own?

"Hi." I say seeing Toby who was leaning against the vending machine stopping Stassie from getting to it.

"Tara." Stassie says as she turned to me. I was jet lagged and straight from the airport. Gemma took my bags home. I wore sweats and a tanktop with a denim jacket on top. My bare face and hair in a messy bun just showed how much I couldnt care less about my appearance I guess. I hopped on the first flight home.

"Where is Kenz?" I ask as I hug both of them. "He is with Izzy." He says. "Room 102."

"How is he?" I ask

"Hes OK. We been here to keep him busy." Toby says. "Theyre gonna wake her up tomorrow morning. She seems fine."

"Okay. Thanks guys." I say

"Also the storage room is neglected ive Im noticed nobody goes in there if you're really trying to make him feel better." He yells after me. "Thanks Tobias!" I say turning around as he laughs. I bump into Mckenzie who just walked out of the room.

"Tara." He says steadying me.

"Mckenzie." I say hugging him. He lets go of me looking at me. "I told you not to rush home."

"This is a rush home for your husband moment Kenz. Im here now. Why are we still talking about it." I say and he hugs me again. His familiar scent made me feel like home.

He lets go pressing his lips on mine. "I'm glad you're here." He says letting go.

"How is she? Not in doctor talk normal talk." I remind him before he gives me numbers and statistics. He smirks

"Shes stable ready to wake up." He says. "Theyre lowering the dozes.. tomorrow she should be awake."

"What made her do this..." I say feeling tears in my eyes. Mckenzie didn't need this so I blink them away. "Dont be upset." He says catching them

"Ace found Jaxon. He said they had a fight? She's covered in bruises.. she wanted to end her life? I dont get why shed want to leave me.." he mumbles.

"Sometimes its not about you Kenz, maybe its her own feelings... shes not well?" I say and he nods. "Theyre doing a psych evaluation when she recovers.. baby is fine. She hit 6 months. Its a girl."

"Thats so nice." I say. "Another sibling to bully."

"I dont bully them. They bully me?" He says and I chuckle. "Did you eat? Do you want to go home and sleep? I'll stay with Izzy." I say as I run my fingers through his beard. Mckenzie took pride in the fact that he could grow a beard but its usually clean trimmed. Just like his hair that he loved making sure he always had a clean fade on the sides.

"Showered this morning. Had some sleep came back." He says. He wore a grey matching nike tracksuit. "I missed you." I tell him before pressing a kiss against his lips. "I wanna see Izzy."

"My grandma is in there. She just came flew in from London." He says and I nod walking in.

"Hi Tara." Mckenzie's grandmother says wiping her tears. Mckenzie seemed taken back as if she wasnt crying when he was here.

"Sorry I'm a mess." She says in her thick English accent as I hug her. "Its okay. How are you is probably a stupid question to ask right now." I say as she lets go and she lets out a chuckle.