Eleven.

Mckenzie's POV

"Fuck." I say running into our house. It was all still so new, it didnt feel like home just yet. There were still boxes everywhere because Tara was sure she wanted to unpack some stuff. We have been back for weeks since the honeymoon.

I stop in the kitchen and find Tara putting her jacket on. She was talking to Gemma.

"Hey. I did not miss you." I say and Tara looks at me. "I'm literally about to leave." She says. "Ill be in the car." Gemma says as she smiles at me walking out the house.

"Sorry. I was stuck at the hospital..."

"Its okay." Tara sighs. "Hospital first. Me second." She says grabbing her purse.

"Tara dont be mad. You think after 48 hour shift I want to be there a minute longer? Especially since my wife is leaving for a week?"

"Thats what I thought too. But you were supposed to be home 4 hours ago for us to have lunch before I left. Im about to miss my flight." She says walking past me.

"Dont be like that. I am sorry." I say pulling her back. "I lost track of time. Promise I will do better."

"I am really gonna miss my flight Kenz." She says as I put my arms around her. She gave a little push but it was a lame attempt as my lips find hers. She holds on to my scrubs as her lips part. There is beeping outside making her break the kiss.

"Why do you smell so good after 48 hour shift." She says kissing my lips again. "Youre just so inlove with me, my natural scent of sweat is making you horny." I tell her and she laughs.

"Fuck you.." She giggles before letting go. "Call me when you land?" I say and she nods. "Bye husband." She says running out.

I sigh sitting down. Our schedules were running a joke on us. I get in the shower and go to bed. I had the day off tomorrow but I have not slept for 48 hours nearly excluding the 3 hour nap.

"Fuck..." I say getting up the next morning. It was so early. I slept the whole night through. I go for a run and then head back homr jumping into the shower. It was a Saturday and I knew there was a whole lot going on in my father's house. I call my mom first checking in.

"Hey Kenzie." My mom says answering.

"Hi mom. You okay?"

"I am fine thank you. How are you? I miss you..."

"You wanna have dinner together? Ill cook." I offer.

"Thats sounds amazing. But I cant tonight, I have another commitments with work." She says. My mom has been managing a store that she used to work at. Now she has shares in it and owns most of it but shr continues to work there.

"Okay." I say. "Im back to work tomorrow."

"Call me when you get off your shift." She says. "Okay." I tell her.

"Love you Kenz."

I head to my father's house where I knew atleast they did want to see me I guess. I was always worried about my mom. Not sure why, she was an adult that could make her own decisions.

I was greeted by chaos the minute I stepped in.

"Leo. Get off the skateboard. Youre leaving marks all over my floor." Serena yells as she cleaned the floor. I stop Leo who was ignoring Serena and skateboarded past me.

"You hard of hearing?" I ask my youngest brother.

"Okay okay. Im literally going outside." He says as he picks it up. "You dont live here anymore why do you have a say." He yells as he stood outside skateboarding away.