♡ Moonlight - Akaza x reader ♡

Ship: Akaza x fem!reader

Requested by: Sl33pd3pr1v3dS1mp

...

Akaza wasn't the type of demon to get distracted easily.

So when he found himself slacking off an entire night of work for some measly human girl, he honestly didn't know what had hit him. After all, a demon devoid of human emotion didn't usually make for optimal company... So why on earth was this human so insistent on following him around?

She's crazy. He thought to himself. And I'm even crazier for not killing her where she stands.

...

"The moon really is lovely tonight, Akaza-sama."

Y/n's face reflected in the rippling surface of the lake before her. Small fish flicked up mud within the murky depths, their actions illuminated by the glowing crescent moon that was hanging low in the sky.

The demon next to her made no sound as he turned to observe the clear night sky, his blue tinted eyes gleaming with the moon's reflection. Unlike Y/n, his image wasn't plastered upon the water's surface; after all, demons don't have reflections nor shadows. He was completely silent, too; every now and then the girl had to brush herself up against his arm to make sure he was still there by her side.

"Akaza-sama, why don't you talk much?"

He slowly turned his head, like an eagle observing a lone mouse. His amber irises glinted.

"I told you not to call me that."

"Im just being polite, it's no big deal. Anyway, can you pleeeeaaaseee answer the question?" Her wide and curious eyes struck a nerve within his chest, and the demon sighed in frustration.

"Fine then, although I can't guarantee that my answer will satisfy you- I simply believe that actions speak louder than words. After all, it's much harder to lie through body language than it is with simple tongue."

"Hmm..."

"What?"

"You're right, that answer isn't satisfying at all."

Akaza chuckled and cracked a rare smile, one of his small fangs poking out from his lip. Y/n went pink; it was such a small expression, yet she felt almost bashful at the sight of it. Surely a demon smiling was a sight worth getting giddy over?... Akaza noticed you staring and raised an eyebrow.

"... What is it?"

You went even pinker and averted your eyes, absentmindedly twiddling your thumbs like a nervous teenager. Akaza observed your flustered expression and leaned over to you, a cocky gleam in his eyes.

"Hey, Y/n..." His face was serious, but his bright eyes betrayed his playful nature. "Do I make you nervous?"

The girl gulped, almost breaking into a sweat. Sure, he was an intimidating demon... But was that really what the question meant?

"D-depends..."

"Depends? Are you not afraid that I might kill you at any moment?"

The girl thought for a moment and then shook her head, her previous nerves fading a little as she got her confidence back. "Nah." She smiled a little bit cockily at the demon at her side. "I have good instincts— you never intended to hurt me in the first place, did you? Even when you didn't know me like you do now."

Akaza looked at the ground and scoffed. "How can you be so sure?"

Y/n shrugged. "I just am."

...

As the night went on, the demon sat in silence. Y/n had long since nodded off to sleep and was snoring gently, her cheek resting against Akaza's tattooed shoulder. He tried to pretend that she wasn't there, but the twisting, giddy feeling in his gut reminded him of her presence every time he tried to forget the crimes he was committing. Sparing her life was one thing, but this?... Their relationship went against every rule that humans and demons had ever set for each other. It was wrong. It was unheard of.

For some reason, that didn't stop Akaza's heart from skipping a beat whenever Y/n twitched or mumbled in her sleep, or from his muscles tensing up when he skin made contact with his. Sighing deeply, he leaned back against a tree and took the girl in his arms, holding her against him like a child holding a teddy bear. The demon's body offered no warmth, and Y/n heard no heartbeat as she rested her head against his chest...

Still, neither of them pulled away.

...

726 words